Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stopped at Dan's to grab a six pack & decided on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Took the sixer up to the counter & the chick says "no one has noticed that there is a slab of that in the clearance section"

Put the sixer back and grabbed the slab for......THIRTY SEVEN FIFTY!!!!

Best trip to Dan's ever

Did you check the date on it? Dan is pretty good at that.

IMG_20130606_191317_zps1739885e.jpg

bum said:
Gage Roads Abstinence Belgian Dubbel Chocolate Ale.

I saw the name of the beer and my review was immediately composed. Unfortunately it isn't god-awful so I can't use it.

That's not to say it is great, either. I'm not a big Belgian buff but it seems hotter than the style should be. There's a generic Belgian ester thing going on, couldn't say what type of esters but there's nothing specific a n00b like me can pick up - wouldn't say it seems especially fruity. Made with real chocolate, apparently. You can smell milk chocolate and taste it more and more as it gets warm. Dunno if it actually uses milk chocolate or not but the aroma doesn't seem to have any roastiness from grain. Gorgeous colour. Seems much thinner than other dubbels I've had in the past but it has more body than the average Gage Roads offering.

Might be a good "gateway" Belgian? Probably not one to impress those experienced in the style though.
Just got a bottle of this from the bargain basket at Dan's, got to say really enjoyed this one fantastic chocolate hit on the front and in the aftertaste. Recommended for any chocolate lover the hops balance out the chocolate very nicely. More choc flavour than Youngs double choc stout.

I just finished an Australian pacific pale or whatever (the canned one).
While it is delicious, I am getting a low level but distinctive wild yeast phenol on the nose.

Feral Hop Hog
Loving it being sold at BWS right now!
And later tonight will be whatever overpriced megaswill they're most likely selling at Dracula's (at the goldy for my wedding anniversary )

djar007 said:
attachicon.gif
2013-06-02 17.17.32.jpg

Found this little gem at the Vic Market. Very nice. Definitely a treat for me. Savoured every mouthful. Lovely tang and rich malty finish.
I picked up a bottle of this at Red Bottle Alexandria tonight.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

Beautiful honey malt, light body, a real zing to it and a smooth finish. Sad I only bought one!

Have a bottle of Saison Dupont in the fridge looking at me. I don't know how I haven't already had one: I LOVE Saisons!

Woah. Back to track down another I would say. Fantastic stuff, glad it wasn't all hype like some highly rated brews have been. Nice way to finish the evening, Cheers all :beer:

Lobethal Bierhaus Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. I'd take a photo but can't be arsed.

It is, of course, delicious. Especially on this chilly Adelaide Hills winter night.

Latest posts

Back