Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate I think I'll have a go at something similar - I'm a fan of cube hopping.

garage project death from above. real stunner of a beer this one, nice hops on the nose and a hoppy and fruity smoothness in the mouth followed with a nice dry finish and a nice warming heat after swallowing. first commerial beer with chilli in it that ive ever enjoyed because they have got the balance so right. all the flavours meld and work together in harmony with no one thing jumping out and smashing you over the head. 9/10 beer for me and the point it loses is for the overly high price on the bottle. 10 bucks i could swallow but 19 pushes the boundary a bit much for me.

super conductor.jpg

8 wired - Super conductor - double IPA

I like it a lot - not as over the top as they say it will be.
Nice full body well ballanced I guess can't really tell it is over 8%.
$18 a bottle hurt a little bit.

Sam Adams Nobel Pils tonight to ease in before the brew day and some 8 Wired Tall Poppy and Epic Armageddon to relax with post brew.

Cheers :beerbang:

image.jpg
Rogue grow you own ! Brewed with all home grown malts n hops by the rogue boys .
Nice enough
image.jpg
Anchor brewing brekle's brown 6%
giggity giggity

image.jpg

3 fountains oude geuze 6%
Blended by Armand (3 font ) & Tommy (lost abbey, USA) of a blend of unique 1-2-3 year old lambics
Very nice , mouth is in a happy place

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Blended by Armand (3 font ) & Tommy (lost abbey, USA) of a blend of unique 1-2-3 year old lambics
About time you came over for a visit.
(bring that with you) ;)

northside novice said:
Thoughts on comparison to traditional 3font-geuze?
Worth the extra 10blades?

Golden child it did seem different but I wouldn't be surprised if its the exact blend they use for the standard geueze !
They are both 6% and both blended with 1 , 2 and 3 year old lambics !

it seemed a little more bitter and sourer . It's bloody nice . May not be worth more $ but for me it was a nice indulgence !

Perry the sour fairy came today :)
image.jpg

goldenchild said:
Thoughts on comparison to traditional 3font-geuze?
Worth the extra 10blades?
My thoughts on the Golden were that it was a little more gentle in character and sourness than the traditional, I thought it might be something someone just getting into the style might like a little more.

Drinking a Weltenberger Kloster Pils, quite tasty. Had a dunkel before it, but it was annoyingly oxy.

image.jpg
Brasserie duyck
Jenlain blonde 8%
French brewery but very much a Belgium style , very nice . Like a leffe blonde with a bit more oomph

image.jpg
La sirene 6.5% saison
Hmm not sure it's ok I guess not the wow I was looking for, very cool bottle though .
Actually after washing the last beer out of my mouth , this one is coming on quite nice , nice little fruity thing hapnen .

Latest posts

Back