Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
Dogfish palo santo marron

Fcking wow what a beer. So smooth and rich. Wouldn't guess it's 12%.
The only genuinely good Dogfish beer, IMO. They have some okay ones but that one is pretty nice.

Really just practice beers - going on an impromptu pub crawl tomorrow with a mate or three, same format as the AHB crawls: starting at bitter suite for brekky the onwards. Invitation is open for people to join in

Beercellar, based in NZ. Got a box of a dozen beers sent over for an average of about $10 each, including rochefort 10. Not cheap but they have a lot of stuff which is simply unavailable domestically.

Liam_snorkel said:
Beercellar, based in NZ. Got a box of a dozen beers sent over for an average of about $10 each, including rochefort 10. Not cheap but they have a lot of stuff which is simply unavailable domestically.
I was hoping you wouldn't say that.

The other week I tried monteiths IPA, at 2 x 500ml for $10. Went back yesterday to get some beer for a workmate ( I got his 520l beer fridge, oh yeah ), and they were down to 2 for $8. Got 10 of them. Really like it, more subtle than smash you in the face with us hops. Great session beer, with a good malt flavour but with nice hop flavour too.

Matso's smokey bishop. Quite nice.
image.jpg

eddy22 said:
like the dogfish glass, where'd you get that bad boy?
Beer cellar online , it is a nice glass . Great shape .

Liam_snorkel said:
Dogfish palo santo marronFcking wow what a beer. So smooth and rich. Wouldn't guess it's 12%.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg(Yes I "grammed" it)
I got one of these too mate :) really looking forward to it !

image.jpg
Lindemans peach lambic 2.5%
Finally got my fruity lambic fix for the day :)
Nice cute lil thing not that much peach but it is there mmm

image.jpg

Schneider & son aventinus weizen-Eisbock 12%
Mmmm bloody mmm ! Couldnt visit the German club and not grab one of these !

Haven't had one of these in a while. Such a lovely beer. Big and complex but so beautifully balanced.
IMG_20130630_205451.jpg

ryeless ale.jpg

Abby Collaby 2013
India Red Rye Rauch Rye-less ale.
Very nice
7.1%
17 srm
55.6ibu

Can definately taste the smokiness and the Amarillo hops. Lovely drop for a Monday evening.

So they bottled that Abbey Collaby.

On tap that was the most spectacular looking beer that I have seen, perhaps ever. Delicious too.

IMG_20130702_201103.jpg

It's in pretty good nick, actually. Wish I'd grabbed another.

Wowsers ... there has been some good looking beers on here lately !!

Trying a collab between birra del borgo and brewdog,
ReAle in Kilt , the twist being peated malt in the brew .
Usually only used for whiskey (Islay). It is malt that has been smoked over burning peat .
Not sure if I am a fan but still quite interesting and enjoyable .
image.jpg 8.5%

Back