Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barrel aged Grand Cru?! I think I've only seen the "normal" version barrel aged. Will keep the peepers well and truly peeled for that one.

Drinking a (an?) Hoptimum 2013... man, feeling boozy already. I could drink this by the multiple pint.

he has done well mate ,even for a kiwi ;)

on the sour note, just open up n say arrrrr,

they can be very off putting , but then they become so right mmmm

rodenbach cru is all time , but not really that sour in the scheme of things, try and find a bel vue geuze , very pleasant sour introduction,
or just grab a cantilion bio lambic and choke of god cok mmmmmm

Nice, I had a Bling Bling last weekend at the Norfolk in Freo

Also smashed a few pints of Coronado IIPA

northside novice said:
or just grab a cantilion bio lambic and choke of god cok mmmmmm
That was my first lambic. Scared the shit out of me.

Yeah NN it started to taste half decent after the first glass. I shall be trying more (I could always do with more hairs on the chest).

I see the other beers you speak of at the local pretty regularly so will have a crack next time I am there.

Also have a Ballast Point Porter but that can wait another night I think. My "Fail" Black IPA with Citra and Amarillo is up next and is a cracker!

Cheers all

northside novice said:
arnt they all barrel aged ??
There are variants released under a "barrel aged" branding. Something akin to a "vintage" release. I had the 2009 barrel aged Rodenbach ("normal") earlier in the year but it was bottled and released recently rather than cellared since 2009 myself. If that makes sense.

sort of, so they are kept in the barrel longer than the 'normal' at the brewery befor bottling ?

getting a chub thinking of barrels of barrels of barrels of RODENBACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

northside novice said:
sort of, so they are kept in the barrel longer than the 'normal' at the brewery befor bottling ?
Yeah, I probably should have said it like that. That makes sense.

My first sour was a very old Rodenbach Grand Cru on an empty stomach, and it was simultaneously the most amazing beer that I had ever tried and like being kicked in the abdomen by a horse. I have not had one that sour since, I think they are all pasteurised now so that they are in spec at our end. That one would have dissolved a spoon.

image.jpg

It got to have a cork :)

Fairies dancing on my tonsils

Seems some chunks have been blown over the 2013 C.V.A
Haven't tried it yet but the 2010 is getting quite fruity ....

image.jpg :p

just tried a rocheforte 10 yesterday... wow. wow. wow. Spent 4 hours looking into how to make dark candi syrup last night :)

Anyone know of a way to get westvleteren 12?

Finally got my hands on a 6'er of these.

A little overly malt driven and quite dark for an APA?

It is great that Bendigo, once again, has a brewery.

Nice one Brookes!!!!

9ae547d4-73a2-4cb4-8126-b98039b5a866.jpg

Edit: Does beer actually come in 300ml stubbies these days? My first ever 300ml stubbie.

330ml is pretty much the standard these days, sadly. 300 is getting a little cheeky.

Yes, at $23 for a 6 pack I felt a little ripped.

The beer did not live up to my expectations unfortunately. Hopefully they chuck a shitload more C hops in the next batch.
I couldn't taste much but dark malt.

image.jpg

Its worth it ,

Its like eating a mouthful of lovely bees
That have all smoked a big ass spliff of kindness

Latest posts

Back