Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surly said:
Their Imperial Stout on the other hand - not so great.

Just had it at the brewery and it caused physical discomfort on the roof of my mouth that has lingered well into a ginger beer at home.

Their Brown before that was good enough. Had to leave early because that stout is a full-blown palate wrecker.

Can anyone work out why their beers are a lot cheaper at Mrs Parma's and Deja Vu than at the brewery?

The prosciutto and pear pizza is boring (if you can even imagine such a thing).

I think I'll buy the odd bottle from Slowbeer/Purvis but otherwise I am done with this brewery. They were so promising early on.

[EDIT: typo]

Interesting that you didn't like the imperial stout. I had it at the Terminus a year or so ago. Thought it had some great espresso notes and a smooth alcohol taste. Loved the pint I accidentally bought.
Maybe you had a bad batch?

I haven't had a bad beer from these guys, though find the pale a bit too unbalanced for my taste..

I loved their brown the first time I had it, hated it the second, found it pretty okay this time. All were at the source. They have some significant consistency issues, IMO. Similar but less extreme with their pale. Never once thought their IPA was worth a pinch, as I recall. Only had the amber in the bottle from Slowbeer and it was really nice.

They can make good beers but I don't handle disappointment well.

You must have had a bad batch Bum, I had a few glasses off of the hand pump at tipplers tap last weekend and it was fantastic!

Wish I could find it in bottles! Second Surlys comment, I have never had a bad beer from them either.

image.jpg
Schlenkerla oak smoke doppel bock 8%
On the smoke trail tonight it seems ....
Did some one say bacon ??
Would go great with a bit of slow cooked pig mmmm

I had beers at the MAC hotel in surry hills, Sydney a while back, they have a brewery in house. All of the beers i tried seemed under attenuated or green apply or something, It was a bit strange. Then I went in there to have another go and they were all so, different. Consistency issues as well me thinks. Maybe its a microbrewery thing.

BPH87 said:
You must have had a bad batch Bum
While I accept that you're most likely being polite, I find it fairly hard to accept that anyone should be served a bad batch on the premises. My preference for stouts is at the top end of town and the beer I had tonight was properly unpleasant.

northside novice said:
Beer cellar online , it is a nice glass . Great shape .

I got one of these too mate :) really looking forward to it !

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Lindemans peach lambic 2.5%
Finally got my fruity lambic fix for the day :)
Nice cute lil thing not that much peach but it is there mmm
Best breakfast beer out there, (followed by a Beer Geek Breakfast).

)image.jpg

Kasteel cuvée du chateau 11%

Bomb diving the deep end with this one :)
Big dark Belgian
Happy Friday one and all !

northside novice said:
)
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Kasteel cuvée du chateau 11%
Bomb diving the deep end with this one :)
Big dark Belgian
Happy Friday one and all !
You sicken me with jealousy sometimes NN........

Sorry guys , I clearly have a problem ... ;) hic *
image.jpg

9.2% based on archaeological records and fermented in terracota amphora! It pours a cloudy gold with little to no head. A strong aroma reminiscent of red wine is present. The taste is super tart, a bit sweet and sour. It is made with raisins, honey & pomegranates which come through in the flavor, sweetness then tart and sour with a bit of acidity. Really interesting stuff.

Copied from rate beer !

It's pretty wild , google it.
the wine emporium at newstead has a lot in stock for Brisbane drinkers .

IMG_20130705_181501.jpg

Yo-Ho Brewing Aooni

Smells gorgeous. Tastes average. I mean 'average' fairly literally rather than in the euphemistic sense. Any one of us could brew its equal. Their Yona Yona is much nicer.

Just making my contribution to the inappropriate glassware thread. I found myself in a little Italian joint to have a bite before going to a function, and discovered this little beauty on the single digit beer list dominated by varieties of peroni. What a delicious beer! Roasty toasty full bodied, perfect low carbonation, not too bitter. Holds the 7.2% very very well.

image.jpg

BPH87 said:
Second Surlys comment, I have never had a bad beer from them either.

I hadn't until earlier this week. A pint of white IPA that tasted broken (had the white previously and it was good). I rate the brewery generally so I hope any issues are shortlived but I agree with Bum in that beer at the source should be at its best and they should know what they are serving (and how it represents them).

My white was not at the source by the way.

I've got that one in the fridge too. Almost had it tonight.

Twinsies!

Bought 2 bottles of Mountain Goat Rare Breed Amber ale. Both have been gushers despite a few days in the fridge. Does not taste too bad but hardly worth $9.90 a bottle of foam.

@ NN
He is a Homebrewer just into commercial side over the last few years. I have seen the Homebrew recipe for the OG version (no doubt changed) His C!tra is ball-sack- emtyingly good!

To stay on topic: Had my first sour tonight. Rodenbach Grand Cru 2010 Barrel aged.

I think my arsehole attempted to hide up inside me at one point. I will have to buy more to acclimatise

Latest posts

Back