Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed this one tonight. Pretty much a fine example of a belgian trippel.

cheers

IMG_6095.jpg

Now this beer i enjoyed!

Its big and malty, lots of nutty caramel malt and a drying menerally character to the beer that i am really enjoying. It balances the sweetness very well.

Awsome beer!

cheers

SSNutBrownAle832x1248.jpg

I tried this beer pretty much on the strength of your SWMBO liking it (I'm trying to find some training-wheels beer to turn her into a devotee but not having much luck so far (as yet all she's liked is a fresh SNPA (sorta) and my first AG (well, she says it is better than almost every beer I've bought so that counts. IT DOES SO!!!)). To be honest I only get chocolate in the aroma if I take a huge sniff - normal inhalation only gives me something similar to coffee. Flavour wise I get weak stout flavours and something coffee-like if I look really hard for it.

Didn't work on SWMBO either. All I've got left to try is Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar.

If you want a big chocolaty hit, you need to get your hands on some of this. :icon_drool2:

Now this beer i enjoyed!

Its big and malty, lots of nutty caramel malt and a drying menerally character to the beer that i am really enjoying. It balances the sweetness very well.

Awsome beer!

cheers

SSNutBrownAle832x1248.jpg

I haven't had a Samuel Smith Beer that I haven't enjoyed yet. All 3 that I have drank! lol. The Taddy Porter and Oatmeal Stout were both really nice beers.
Mitch :)

As the boys in Melb are set in for a 37 degree plus day today, I thought I'd post up one I'm digging into now just to help keep things cool. this little gem is a Kawartha Lakes - Nut Brown ale, nice chocolate hazelnut aroma and flavour, reasonable well balanced.
IMG_6371.jpg

OK, ready for another... this time, a Copper Altbier from Magnotta. The taste is as good as the colour - and perhaps better than the photographer.

_0100.JPG

4" of fresh snow in the past 2 hours, and the fridge is everywhere you can reach outside!...I love this place.

f*ck off Dave! :p

:lol: Dont you have better things todo in the motherland like drink awesome beer than post on here!?!

4" of fresh snow in the past 2 hours, and the fridge is everywhere you can reach outside!...I love this place.

I love Melbourne too! It's 9 AM and the current temp is 29 degrees! Remember, in hot weather the clothes come off and the talent in the city already is phenominal. Its like going fishing with dynamite, you just can't loose! :beerbang:

:lol: Dont you have better things todo in the motherland like drink awesome beer than post on here!?!

I love Melbourne too! It's 9 AM and the current temp is 29 degrees! Remember, in hot weather the clothes come off and the talent in the city already is phenominal. Its like going fishing with dynamite, you just can't loose! :beerbang:
To the first point - I am. just thought I'd help you lot out and post some pics that might cool ya down.

And as for the clothes off thing - yeah, slight hinderance here. ya get down to the thermals, but that's about it...bwahahaha, yer not Canadian until ya do it in the snow...(or a canoe if it's that warm month)

To the first point - I am. just thought I'd help you lot out and post some pics that might cool ya down.

And as for the clothes off thing - yeah, slight hinderance here. ya get down to the thermals, but that's about it...bwahahaha, yer not Canadian until ya do it in the snow...(or a canoe if it's that warm month)

Love in a Canoe, isn't that the definition of Labatt ? B)

It's 10:44 and im already sweating for a beer just staring out into the CBD from my desk here. Either way that Alt looked supurb!

So are you throwing out all your luggage and stocking up on beer for the flight back? :p

Oh yeah....

I have good memories of kwak.

I had this bad boy last night while knuckling down to study. Smells better than it tastes but has a great mouth feel. It is dry but there is some malt sweetness after the initial dryness. Not overly hoppy.

close_up.jpg

Beer_n_study.jpg

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was in the glass.

Here's me trying to pour a glass with one hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have good memories of kwak.

I had this bad boy last night while knuckling down to study. Smells better than it tastes but has a great mouth feel. It is dry but there is some malt sweetness after the initial dryness. Not overly hoppy.

I think that is one of the few english ales that travels ok.

Also could be due to the hint of dark malts added (black malt at a guess) but its one i grab on a regular basis.

Tis also one i brew!

I think that is one of the few english ales that travels ok.

Also could be due to the hint of dark malts added (black malt at a guess) but its one i grab on a regular basis.

Tis also one i brew!

Could be onto something there Smurto. Similar things seem to happen with Hobgoblin. Must be all those anti-oxidants in the roast. :icon_drool2:

Warren -

Could be onto something there Smurto. Similar things seem to happen with Hobgoblin. Must be all those anti-oxidants in the roast. :icon_drool2:

Warren -

I was listening to the roasting effects on the latest Brewstrong podcast. Interesting stuff i tells ya!

Dogfish Head - 60 Minute IPA

Intense hop aroma, thick and resin like. Sweet malt background w/ some toffee. A very rich hop aroma, very unique and piney w/ some melon notes. Some light alcohol present.

Presnts well with a loose head and bright honey like in appearance

A big hop flavour! Grassy, resinous pine, some citrus and melon notes but mostly dominated by evergreen like hops with the pine aroma. Light alcohol warmth, malt is evident and lightly nutty. The hops just scream everything about its 60 IBU yet is very clean and non obtrusive on the palate, balances very well, finish is clean and draws you back for more.

Mouthfeel is moderate with a moderate carbonation. No excessive hop tannins present. Considering the hopping rates, its very well balanced and no noticable astringency.

I just love these kind of beers! They let you know they have alcohol w/ no solvent or obtrusive notes. Beautifully balanced and the sessionability is outstanding. I wish i had another! :icon_cheers:

DSCN2126.JPG

I cant post my photos up because they are on my phone

BUT

Blanche De Chamble

And Moo Brew Wheat

Both fantastic drops IMHO

Where did you get the blanche de chambly?

Looks like Im not the only Unibroue drinker in Paralowie :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back