Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went on a trip to Mebourne. Visited Purvis but didn't take any pictures. Here's what I remember:

Rochefort 10: big beer with lots of different flavours. Made me really drunk.
Kooinda English Red ale: nice.
The Big Job IPA: stupid name with plenty of sexual connotations but a really nice, well balanced beer. Made in England.

There were others but that's all I remember. No affiliation but Purvis was a great store with a massive range (compared to any place in QLD anyway) and the young lady who worked there really knew her stuff.

Liam_snorkel said:
Well this is just bloody delicious. Aged in Lark distillery barrels I'm lead to believe. 11.8% scotch ale.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389959917.826252.jpg
Had one of these last week........Agree on its deliciousness

Liam_snorkel said:
My palate is garbage so I'm not going to give meaningful tasting notes. This is scrumptious.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389948119.248679.jpg
Fun Fact: A small amount of my sweat goes into every batch! (only at mash in folks.......nothing to worry about)

Looks very nice mate . Haven't tried the 2011 myself but have one in the cellar that I have been trying to forget about , probably crack it around 2016 if I can hold out that long ! Ha !
Have aged thus lil number for a year or so , best befor 02/14 .
Guinness special export 8%image.jpg
Silky smooth and strong mmmm
I enjoy normal Guinness but this is much more stoutly , yum .
Should of got some oysters to go with this /(

This has been sitting at the back of the fridge for over a year. I'm not sure how this oversight occurred but anyway...

Cracking beer. Great smooth roastiness, treacle and a firm bitterness.

It was part of a two bottle gift pack someone got me. Drank the other bottle last year. Unfortunately, I can't remember/report any changes over the year. Certainly no adverse effects, 7.2% alc will have helped.

image.jpg

Another mediocre North American wanna be , but It sucked me in yet again :)
Too sweet for my liking , and thin . Doesn't carry the alc at all . Nice colour if that helps . A bit messy and confusing .
Had their 'hop Tzar ' I think it was called befor this one tonight , pretty much the same but pale instead of red colour . Both have really cool labels though ;)
I Should of got more lambics instead ;)

Kristall Hefe, noice.
krystal.JPG

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Another mediocre North American wanna be , but It sucked me in yet again :)
Too sweet for my liking , and thin . Doesn't carry the alc at all . Nice colour if that helps . A bit messy and confusing .
Had their 'hop Tzar ' I think it was called befor this one tonight , pretty much the same but pale instead of red colour . Both have really cool labels though ;)
I Should of got more lambics instead ;)
Sucking down a Hop Czar at the moment, Im actually real impressed.
I was expecting the normal over the top American throw butt loads of hops at it bullshit, but this is well balanced and fairly freaking delicious....not what I expected for 87 IBU and the first 'really hoppy' beer that I have truly enjoyed. Plenty of late hop without the buckets of oil and little bitterness upfront, it may be a little sweet for some but I like it.

Maybe I'm becoming a hop head...oh ****.

bum said:
Brew Cult Hop Zone IPA - the aroma was passionfruit for days but tastes pretty awful. Someone turned a glue factory into a brewery.
I'd have to agree with you on that one. I can smell the passionfruit although it's not as sweet or pleasant as actual passionfruit. The taste itself is really too sharp with bitterness for my liking and it really sticks at the back of your throat and almost has a drying/numbing effect.

Latest posts

Back