Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20140116_1640371.jpg

20140116_1649541.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMCx7RmOb0w

Bizier said:
attachicon.gif
20140116_1549391.jpg

Mmmm... my first Blueberry Double IPA of the day.

This is actually freakin' delicious, it has that tingle in my throat I get when I chew blueberry seeds. On the nose it is just hops, but on the palate, it has a massive whallop of blueberry, which actually fits in really well with the hops.
Sounds amazing. How'd the splash of fish sauce go in it?

Also what did you think of the Parrotdog. I wasn't overly impressed. Good marketing, but the beer seemed to be nearly close to almost getting there...It's all the rage with the kool kids from what I hear.

I had the parrotdog pale ale and it was ok. A bloody longway from epic pale ale.

Parrotdog is ace. Much better on tap than in small pack, and for me, drinking small pack is about reminding myself how good it is in keg. I love stuff.

Mardoo said:
seemed to be nearly close to almost getting there...It's all the rage with the kool kids from what I hear.
I gather you like listening to INXS with episodes of Kung Fu in the background yeah?

As a youngun and .. I will admit beer newb, I thought I would start giving myself some beer education and extend my knowledge of what I actually like and why.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389940684.837055.jpg

I'm open to any suggestions if there are any, plus with such hot weather everywhere, it should be great! Wilkens

some great beers there mate :chug: kristal wheat beers are a good summer drink, get one of each of the wheihenstephan beers (dans stock them), Think they stock about 5 different wheat styles of theirs. Belgium beers (you got 2) are in a class of their own , and can be quite mind blowing :icon_drool2: .Australian craft breweries are producing world class brews (you got 1) and cover pretty much every style of beer there is . Of course there is an uncountable amount of nice beers around these days . Work your way through dans or similar bottle shops shelves, which could take quite a few months/years . Get alot of beer vouchers (money) .
Then you will probably be seeking more obscure , particular beers only available to those who search long and hard . Dont be affraid to try any beer ever! It is all research after all :eek: IPA's , double IPA's, red IPA's, black IPA's, smoked IPA's . rye IPA's , spiced and fruited IPA's, these will all make your aquaintance over time ,
oh what fun you will have !
Its an enjoyable journey mate ,
enjoy :beerbang:

Thanks Northside for all the info! I've had wheihenstephan before both bottle and one of my local pubs, I have it was wayyyy better from a keg than bottle which I found interesting but they sure make a great beer.

Yeah I've also got a couple beer/brewing books that have been recommended so I was thinking about doing some small batch brews while I get into AG and also experimenting with different styles and taste while I'm at it.

... oh my beer hobby time is going to be soooo tough :drinks:

Nogne 0/Bridge Road collab Saison IPA. Pretty bloody good. Matched it with 8 Wired Superconductors more responsible brother Semiconductor. Pretty awesome times right there! :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back