Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coopers now have the gig for doing BUL Carlsberg. Local Liquorstax has it on for $40 a carton so I got one in for the QLD rellies as I only have a couple of ESBs on tap at the moment. They brought Bundy so I'm drinking most of the Carlsberg.

Carlsberg---Carlsberg-Beer.jpg - pic to tittilate Dave.

They have made a very decent fist of it, no mouse piss and it even tastes OK when warmed up a bit. The previous CUB effort was a bit bland, this one has a few nice notes. Anyway I've never found Carlsberg cooking variety lager to be an outstanding beer, but the local version certainly holds its own against the usual Euroswill imports like Oettinger, Henninger etc.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386224681.235670.jpgBridgeport IPA.

Good bitterness. Tasty beer. Bottle conditioned. Refreshing but not mind blowing. Swilling from the bottle as an afterworld number.

A couple more from these guys to try tonight.

Ballast Point - Habanero Sculpin (Tap. A bad idea but well executed)
The Bruery - Smoking Wood (Tap. V.nice)
Great Divide - Oak Aged Yeti (Tap. Gorgeous)
Maui - CoCoNut Porter (Tap)
Drake's - 1500 (Tap. Classic APA)
Mother Earth - Cali Creamin' (Tap)
Hangar 24 - Alt-bier (Tap. Serviceable, I suppose)
Stone - Enjoy By 12.13.13 (Smells like sorta-herbal catpiss)
North Coast - Old Rasputin (only on nitro, yo. No biggie)
Angel City - IPA (Tap. Smells great)
Kostrietzer - Schwartz (Tap. Not sure I could tell any difference from the bottle we get at home)
Green Flash - Green Bullet (The shop only got them in today. Little underwhelming given they bill it as a "triple IPA" but it is probably my favourite beer from them)

bum said:
A bad idea but well executed
Does this make it ok though? I don't really like chilli beer as a general rule. I don't like that roast capsicum/antipasto vibe in my beers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386320685.875220.jpgthis one's the czar but had the kingpin first both pretty good. Love the dry finish on this one could drink buckets of it!

Also new glassware FTW!

Also heater in December because ******* hell Melbourne!

Not For Horses said:
Does this make it ok though?
Nope. It wasn't capsicum-y at all though. All heat and chili flavour.

Mendichino - Talon DIPA (Looks like a local ALDI equivalent but probably has the balanace closest to my most prefered for style)
Monk's Cafe - Flemish Sour Ale (Barely to style. For n00bs only)
Eaglerock - XPA (gushed; first US gusher for me)
Dogfish Head - American Beauty (Not at all the AIPA it claims to be but is okay. Would not buy again)
Firestone Walker - Double Jack (******* amazing fresh. Gutted I was snipped on getting to the brewery)
Clown Shoes - Chocolate Sombrero (not sure what they think a Mexican stout is but this would be really nice without the OTT alc heat)

Anyway, pretty drunk tonight...

Just had a Hargreaves hill ESB from the bottle. This is the second one in 2 weeks, first one at Yarra valley dairy farm was pretty meh.
This one was loads better but it still seems to me that Hargie has dropped the ball. It's not even close to the bitterness I remember and the hop hit has subsided completely. This was first beer of night so I'm pretty disappointed. Bottle was from Plonk, they really take care of their beers there.

I've never had a bad Hargreaves beer...sorry to hear your disappointed review PF.

I have some of their Pale atm...fantastic fruity and fresh hop aroma/flavour and a good, firm bitterness.

The ESB is usually my favorite though...especially when they're using NS.

Shit happens. I'm going to try them on tap again when I get a chance. It was just, less punchier than I remember.

Now, ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1386677560.943627.jpg
Yummy. Alcohol. 9%. Oh yum.

image.jpg
Pomgolia is lovely in the winter , lots of greys , artistic n that n lots of excuses to indulge in what we all love most ! image.jpg
After the first pots went in , some nice keepers were found !

Back