Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed today but drank commercials while doing it.

3 Big Eye, this is a good beer.

Had a Saison Du Pont at mash out, excellent and also hopefully similar to what I've cubed today.

Drinking a Faro Boon now, way too sweet for my tastes.

So good.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1385884651.173690.jpg

EJ Phair - Cumbre del Diablo IPA (Tap. Really nice, all summit, apparently. Will have to grab some)
Beer Valley - Many Farms Fresh Hop Ale (Tap. Malt smelled bready-to-doughy, hops were floral without being perfumey, tasted great)
Beer Valley - Black Flag Imperial Stout (Tap. Leans harder on the coffee than I like but a beautifully crafted beer)
Rodenbach - Grand Cru (Tap. Smells sharper/more acidic than in the bottle)
Drake's Brewing - Drakonic Imperial Stout
Lagunitas - Lucky 13 (Smells amazing, resiny and fruit leaning towards berries, maybe. Very nice bitterness.)

Anchorage - Galaxy White IPA, bottled with Brett (potentially the single most confused beer I've ever tipped)
Santa Clara Valley - Peralta Porter
Clown Shoes - Bombay Berserker (Had lots of tops (and a quite a few better) beers this trip but this is the only one so far that has had me trying to formulate a clone recipe while I'm drinking it. Great but not beyond reality that I could muster something similar)
Oakland Brewing Company - Sticky Zipper IPA (felt compelled to buy something super local before I left for LA, nice dankness but everything else is a bit shit. Would not bang)
Evil Twin/some Spanish brewery with a long, complicated name I cannot recall - Aún Más a Jesus (The duck's. If it wasn't for that execrable Falco they make this brewery (Evil Twin) would be in my top 5 based on what I've had so far)
Pretty Things Beer & Ale (urgh) Project - Our Finest Regards: Barleywine (Apart from the torturous name, this is kinda nice. Big, English-type barleywine. Possibly a little more approachable than I would hope for but is very pleasant. Big malt presence without ever getting sweet. GOOD DROP)

[EDIT: complicated parenthesis situation is too hard for a drunk vulva]

This is how I feel about you right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd-Sa_3iBVA

Enjoy, mate.

Did you buy online or at a very rare bottle shop ?!.
Bought at Grain and grape when I was picking up ingredients on Saturday morning. I usually get a couple of beer to try when I'm there.

View attachment 66693
Grafliches brauhaus 'arconrau' dopplebock 7.2%
Recommended by the German club (Bris) recommenderer !
When I buyed it I thought ' yeah ok , what ever ' the label looks very commercial and uniform just another mainstream German goo fest . No the reconmenderer says it's the best one ever tried . Yeah no probs , bye x
Fuk me , the recommenderer was bang on chaps , hands down (haven't been to Germany )best dopplebock I have ever drunk in Brisbane ! Just tastes fresh and clean and smokey . But not too smokey , just neigh to be smooth as silk above the malty caractuer of the mashy dance .
What a surprise , we'll not really , the Germans don't make a bad beer do they ?

Man looks very nice but farked if I can tell what it is ? Cage n cork so got a chubby ;) Belgian ?

Moa imperial stout. It's pretty damn tasty.

Oki pressing the envelop now , me uploads are nearly maxt out being a non financial member ( freeloader/bum)
But me n the fam are flying to pomgolia Thursday and I couldn't leave without rejoicing in beer !
Soo this is still my all time favourite beer and all though it may be clone able I don't want to go there and spoil my love affair xx if you haven't tried it please do , it's from a lil Belgian brewery from their university precinct (not that I have been there or studied at any uni !) it's good guys , beer happiness x 3.14 ?View attachment 66694View attachment 66695
Hopus leffe bvre. 8.3%
Bout as far from USA brewed ales as possible , just simple and delightful ;)

View attachment 66696
So boys merry Christmas and all that check out the face in me glass
Shove ya westys and grab ya lips onto Santa ghost froff , am pretty much having inter course with this ale ,
Rejoice it
Or be merry

Just had a look on beercellar, seems they've made one with citra as an additional hop. Had that?

Bootleggers - Palomino Pale Ale (Pretty much SNPA but a little less crystaly maybe?)
Dogfish Head - Namaste (Way estery)
Deschutes - Hop Henge IPA (Had this three or four years ago and it went right into my top 5 IPAs and has stayed there ever since. Had one last night and it was balls. I don't think it has changed any. It's not you. It's me. I think we should see other beers.)

The whole point of this thread is not only to report on beer, but to make others jealous.
Some of us are more sensitive to visual cue's you know.
Post some ******* photos will ya. (nice ones)

northside novice said:
Not yet but I think it would be shite , Which is hard for me to think , but I really dis like the u s of America . To me they are the enemy and their hops are for fools , cardigan whereas , drug cheats and mostly the dishonest, trying to get a quick fix off the human burn . Yes I juxtaposed .
You paint with broad strokes NN, not even with a brush, more like Farrah Fawcett (oh wait, she is the enemy).

Dave70 said:
The whole point of this thread is not only to report on beer, but to make others jealous.
Some of us are more sensitive to visual cue's you know.
Post some ******* photos will ya. (nice ones)
I've pretty much stopped taking pictures for this trip. Always low light, often in red cups.

Latest posts

Back