Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ Bum -No, it didn't mention the specific beer in the jelly. It was quite mild though so as not to overwhelm the non-smoked pork, I suppose. It worked very well with the charred bread it was served with.

And later today...chocolate Holgate Temptress cake with Empress on the side...hip hip hooray (x 3)! 20130720_160811.jpg

Lady Jam Drop @ the Brewhouse. Mmmm, berry fruity.
jamdrop.JPG
I'd be keen to try the tart version Sim.

image.jpg

Schneider weisse tap x
7.3%
Wheat beer featuring nelson sauvin hops

Going down a treat with some triple cream brie cheese

northside novice said:
image.jpg

Schneider weisse tap x
7.3%
Wheat beer featuring nelson sauvin hops

Going down a treat with some triple cream brie cheese
What was the date on the bottle?
I drank a few of these close to 2 years ago while in europe and was under the impression it was a one off brew.

^ if you enlarge the photo it says 2012 on the lid.
I had one at slowbeer at easter this year and it was delicious.

Knocked this back this arvo. Rich, plenty of plum. Very very dark red. Holds the alcohol well. A bit tart at the end. It appears to be filtered, I'd be interested in having it 'mit hefe'.

image.jpg

goldenchild said:
What was the date on the bottle?
I drank a few of these close to 2 years ago while in europe and was under the impression it was a one off brew.
Clearly very limited; to at least 35,095.....

Had my first Weihenstephaner Vitus Weizenbock yesterday and I like it! Very nice. Banana and tart, killer combo.

Also had my first murrays icon2ipa which was totally flat, zero carbonation. First dud beer I've had in a long time. Very unimpressed. Doubt I'd buy another on that basis.

1-1 for the session.

Don't have a picture but I bought a Monteith's IPA. At 5.5% alc and 35 IBU it's more like a pale ale. Not a lot to it with little to no hop taste or aroma. Underwhelming and disappointing. At least it only cost me $4. Won't buy it again.

I tried the Monteiths IPA too...yep, arse !

The only passable beer of theirs for me is the Winter Ale (doppelbock)...I don't mind that one

I think they are great , have enjoyed all they ones I have tried so far , more a shame I live so so far away from them :(

farout Northside, your variety of commercial beers is constant. :beerbang:

here is mine for tonight the One Trick Pony

epic Mosaic.JPG

Decision time, do I get stuck into local IPAs, American Hop Bombs or a variety of Imperial Stouts tonight??

Back