Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I have that glass. Was also happy to try that beer. Especially when it followed a disappointing Mirror Pond Pale Ale that was like drinking Cascade water.

Also very good....
9314880708_eac63db111_c.jpg

stillinrehab said:
Oh man, what a haul :icon_drool2:

Some real crackers in there. I am a sour pussy for the moment but really came around to the Grand Cru by the end. How was Punk IPA in a can?
Reminds me it has been a while since I have had a Tall Poppy too...
Punk IPA was actually really disappointing, almost no aroma and a bit under carbed. The can was nearing its use by though from memory so could have been a case of age/storage conditions.

it was probably buggered then. I've had it from the can a few times and it's been positively pungent each time.

Just got these sent to me by a customer (a fellow beer lover), I sent him a bottle of Burleigh Brewings FIGJAM IPA so it like we have started a bit of beer swapping

IMG_20130719_112853.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
^ Both delicious beers! happy friday
Yeah I'm looking forward to them! Is it 4pm yet???

He is freaking lucky, works 5mins from Warners At The Bay and usually picks up all sorts of beers most afternoons

the breakfast beer tasted like roll on deodorant.

st josephs & imp stout however, delicious. so is 5 hop. :icon_drool2:

Montieth barrel aged Porter
Tasty roasty porter with a fruity edge and some hop flavour
A must try

image.jpg

CBF with pictures but tonight so far:

Coopers - ESVA 2013. Quite tasty.
Sunshine Coast Brewery - Rye ESB. Probably my most favourite beer ever. Glad I could get it in Bris.
Silly Saison - Delicious and interesting.
Black Heart Brewery - Tripel. So bloody smooth.

E5F44F4A-7D54-4D34-A9B5-337D5434CA5E-5735-0000065E647718E7_zpsa43cb23c.jpg

Mmm rich, thick and smoky, with strong belgo fruity Esther's
The perfect night cap.
Being that i dont enjoy anything to do with seafood I am glad there is no taste of anything oyster or mussely.
So not too sure what it imparts to the flavour.

stakka82 said:
Had a tasting session with the boys a couple weekends back. We scored them all, palates were wrecked by the end, but heaps of fun and will do another soon.

Best aggregate score went to hop hog, followed by Weihennstephaner Vitus and Brooklyn East India Pale Ale. Rodenbach in at last place, no sour fans here (flame suit on)!

988543_522161947832553_1026265092_n.jpg
Make mental note: Must make more effort to meet up with fellow brewers in my suburb

Birthday dinner at Josie Bones last night.

Had a bit of a smoke fest. Schlenkerla Urbock with hop smoked ox tongue, Haandbryggeriet Sundland Kreosot with potted pork and smoked beer jelly were the stand outs.

The Urbock was incredible (pic too large, can't be bothered compressing it). Very malty, had a great smoked treacle feel to it. I was looking for the Marzen originally, but this is the seasonal bigger brother, and I'm so glad I tried it.
The Kreosot wasn't so smoky, more subtle and with more hop character as you'd expect from a BIPA. Both of those flavours blended brilliantly though with the touch of roastiness.

Honorable mention goes to their Boneyard golden ale we tried while we perused the menu. Very sessionable beer with Galaxy, Nelson, Citra and Simcoe.

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Danwood said:
The Urbock was incredible (pic too large, can't be bothered compressing it). Very malty, had a great smoked treacle feel to it. I was looking for the Marzen originally, but this is the seasonal bigger brother, and I'm so glad I tried it.
The Marzen is very nice but the Urbock is a significantly better beer.

Do you know what beer was in the jelly? I do jellies with my US-style beers but never tried with one of my smoked.

Back