Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bizier said:
Unfortunately I have to agree with you, perhaps less vehemently. I was amazed how little my expectations were met. For the record I have only tasted a couple of Berliner weiss.
I thought it was good. Only problem is that its a simple low abv session beer of sorts with a big imported bottle price tag. Subtle, but nice tart flavours - but nothing in your face.

So it's going to be one of "those nights" again northside novice :)

Looking forward to seeing what else you pull out of the bag tonight.

we'll see mate, there is a lot to rejoice lately , agar just for a start , what a true aussie champion

Amager Bryghus "Pride"

So thick and black. It fills me in ways I have never experienced before. Don't think I can go back...

Had this beautiful Scandinavian ale at Carwyn Cellars' Scandinavian craft beer tasting event. Great beers, great info and well worth going to :)

Damn smooth and easy drinking for 10% too.

Might give Oxford st a miss though, hell, will probably give all of Sydney a miss :p

Had a Coopers Vintage Ale 2013 tonight... Was quite impressed with this years effort. Stood out as one of the better efforts from Coopers...

Following it with Sail & Anchor (dans) Imperial Stout...

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Burleigh brewing my wife's bitter 4.8%

Its a nice easy drink to start the night :)
And it tastes nothing like cat piss :D

one of the best beer I have had in a while. aroma of whisky and dark malt drinks easily for a 10% beer

dark island.jpg

Burleigh Fig Jam IPA.
It has that stanky "just opened a 50 bag" hop aroma. Flavour follows suit. Hops so prominent it's almost a syrup but the carbonation lifts it off the tongue dutifully. Juicy citrus. Bitter. Great lacing despite the pub glass. Name is appropriate.

image.jpg

image.jpg
COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
To celebrate the 150 years spent at the Abbey Of Scourmont, the Chimay Trappist brewery has developed this exceptional anniversary beer brewed specially for the occasion. Note: available only in bottles! Recipe contains coriander and cardamom,
found next to tony abbots suit case at an anti gay summit at bondi

Any ways ,,

always something to celebrate !
And these funky monks know how to brew a 10% celebration ale that's for sure ...

like no chimay you have ever met , its like a munks mandriney spunk

gets so much flavour with every sip as it warms up

Liam_snorkel said:
Burleigh Fig Jam IPA.It has that stanky "just opened a 50 bag" hop aroma. Flavour follows suit. Hops so prominent it's almost a syrup but the carbonation lifts it off the tongue dutifully. Juicy citrus. Bitter. Great lacing despite the pub glass. Name is appropriate.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
"shared" abottle of fig jam withmy wife tonight.
she didn't like it.
damn shame.

Had a crack at this today whilst breaking in my keggle.
Not a bad drop, certainly stood up to expectations which was nice as so many beers don't.
Off to the bottlo tomorrow to grab a sixer.
Looking forward to trying the Liberty Ale sometime on the weekend.

brew day 12.7.13 001.JPG

Back