Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This shot probaly explains why I feel like shit3 today.
Pannepot is the ducks nuts

Ta NN, we'll catch up next time your allowed out.
That gives me a tingle in my special place.

I polished off the remainder of Friday's growler of Green Flash Westcoast last night, expensive but good. Earlier I had hooked into some Yellow snow, Rogue Imperial IPA and the LC Puffing Billy (ha!) on draught.

file-47.jpg

Shit photo. Good beer though. I have liked both the german lagers that LC have done. The Marzen was great and this is pretty darn good. Great colour, hint of smoke, good hop to malt balance (not as hoppy as I thought it would be). Hoppy for a bock, drinks like a bock that had sex with a pilsner. Good work LC. Haters gonna hate.

Oh and it's name is the train that ends it's journey in my hometown so that's pretty cool.

file-48.jpg

Not terrible. Nice grainy malt character, zero hop. Better than aussie megaswill is probably the nicest thing to say about it.

a few goodies from last weekend at 'brassiere de hogshead'

15.11.12_004__768x1024_.jpg

sour , not sure i into sour yet but pleased to learn .
15.11.12_005__768x1024_.jpg

the entree..

15.11.12_006__768x1024_.jpg

main,

both pannepots where freaken amazing! up there with the trappists' best efforts. so many flavours in one small sip :icon_drool2:

big thanks to winkle for a top night and many of his finest brews too , i have fuzzy memories of handpumps n cigars :rolleyes:

a few goodies from last weekend at 'brassiere de hogshead'

View attachment 58524

sour , not sure i into sour yet but pleased to learn .
View attachment 58525

the entree..

View attachment 58526

main,

both pannepots where freaken amazing! up there with the trappists' best efforts. so many flavours in one small sip :icon_drool2:

big thanks to winkle for a top night and many of his finest brews too , i have fuzzy memories of handpumps n cigars :rolleyes:

Was a good if silghtly hazy day/evening/night....
The Pannepots were good, very good, - I should have set up the handpump before we got into the session :rolleyes: , and I'm sure the Belgium Imperial Stouts and cigar combo had something to do with the hangover Sunday :rolleyes:

Rosella Weiss next time....

Was a good if silghtly hazy day/evening/night....
The Pannepots were good, very good, - I should have set up the handpump before we got into the session :rolleyes: , and I'm sure the Belgium Imperial Stouts and cigar combo had something to do with the hangover Sunday :rolleyes:

Rosella Weiss next time....

yup, i was ruff till tuesday !! looking forward to the rosella mate .....

dont bother with this lil number , bloody matilda bay used to excite me but now its just chit like dis ..

friday_16.11.12_001.JPG

yey 4 the mar-keting gurus , more like minimum effort :rolleyes:

Having one of these at the minute. It is pretty nice but the alc is a bit forward for mine and I can smell a bit of vegemite in the aroma (but not tasting any). Had Temptress on tap last night and reckon it is much better.

Speaking of last night:
Feral Watermelon Warhead - Pretty nice but I was thinking "lolly-water" the whole time I was drinking it. I wish they'd hit the sourness a bit harder and backed off on the sweetness a touch - comes across tiny bit like a slightly infected white wine.
Feral Smoked Porter - very, very clean beer. They should have either gone harder on the smoke or made a more interesting base beer to sit underneath it.
Hawthorn Amber - had it in the bottle before and enjoyed it so was happy to see it on tap. Not sure there's many beers where I prefer the bottle version but if there is such a list this beer has been added to it.
Prickly Moses Blueberry Hef - BIG blueberry aroma and flavour but VERY pale yellow colour. I dunno, I'll go he if there's any real blueberry in it. I enjoyed it but was very glad I only grabbed a pot because a little goes a long way - too sweet for a session.
Feral Hop Hog - I'm not sure this one is a lot better than it is in the bottle. It's a very enjoyable beer but I still consider it a joke if they still put AIPA on the label these days. Basically hop juice, little malt character.
LCPA - first time I've had it on tap, if you can imagine such a thing. Completely lacking the metallic thing I've gotten from every bottle.

Lol swmbo said the same thing, about temptress tasting better. Me, I dunno, I didnt get any vegemite in aroma, but I agree with the alc. I'd like to see a little more bitterness but really thats a small issue for me with a beer like this. Would love to grab one from the brewery next time I'm there

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it and would get another if I ever have the chance. I just reckon the Temptress hits its targets a little better.

bit pist that i not drinking this from a glass horn, mates_002.JPG

La Corne 5.9% blonde, lovely aroma, "crisp" as shit, 2010 medal winner , a lot better than i thought it would be , actually its preety bloody good,think it would be better in a glass horn though <_<

bit pist that i not drinking this from a glass horn, View attachment 58543

La Corne 5.9% blonde, lovely aroma, "crisp" as shit, 2010 medal winner , a lot better than i thought it would be , actually its preety bloody good,think it would be better in a glass horn though <_<

I have been keeping an eye open for a glass horn for some time - they are never cheap. A gift pack with a glass horn included for say $25 would be good.

Latest posts

Back