Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swung past Wine Emporium while out running a few errands.

20121117beers.jpg

you need a hand :)

Epic Hop Zombie - This thing smells amazing. Bitterness is fairly smooth considering how firm it is although the resinous qualities combine with the bitterness in a way I've never noticed in any other beer and it doesn't seem to work for me. Alc is a bit warmer than I like in a beer this pale. Still a fairly tops beer but.

I was just at the Mitre Tavern, my favourite city watering hole in Melbourne. Spotted a Matilda Bay I.G.P. "Cloudy Australian Ale" (apparently stands for Itchy Green Pants...no I don't know why) on tap, so being the beer slut I am I couldn't help but grab a pint. Pretty good brew, lots of malt up front, clean and crisp, not as cloudy as the name suggests though. Here's a pic:

IMG_20121119_00127.jpg

Excuse the focus, seems my blackberry thought the pepper shaker in the background was more interesting than my beer....

8 Wired Super Conductor - Smells gorgeous but tastes very much akin to my more disappointing IIPAs. In fact, it tastes a lot like the IPA I have on at the moment where I forgot to empty ~400ml of starsan out of the cube before transferring the wort - make of this what you will.

Anyone else find the Burliegh Brewing FIGJAM IPA really cough syrupy?

8 Wired Super Conductor - Smells gorgeous but tastes very much akin to my more disappointing IIPAs. In fact, it tastes a lot like the IPA I have on at the moment where I forgot to empty ~400ml of starsan out of the cube before transferring the wort - make of this what you will.

Really? Travelled/Handelled badly? The Superconductor I have had hear in NZ on Tap and Bottle has been bloody fantastic...Hopefully if you try it again, you will have a better experience mate.

No Pic but enjoying a quick bottle of Epic Mayhem 2012 limited release. Not sure if it as stellar as it used to be but still a bloody good drop.

Moon Dog's - Henry Ford's Girthsome Fjord. Indian Brown Ale.
Big, boozey and smack full of flavour. Noice

Had a Greenflash IPA at last, just to see what the fuss is about.

Yep, very good, although a little jaded from its long journey.

The poor thing had to follow a fresh pint of Feral's Hop Hog, no easy task.

The Alehouse Project, Brunswick has a good line up at the moment !

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Wet Hop Ale 2012 from local BWS. Bottled in June 2012

Lots of upfront bitterness that lingers, and lingers. Very drying and not overly pleasant. Hops are more on the spicey/herbal end of the spectrum, not much in the way of fruit. Malt is very subtle as well. Getting an almost Belgian/brett phenolic character.

Not sure if it works......

HopDog BrewWorks Horns Up - Your branding is confused (I'm gonna open a brewery called Hop Moon Dog Brews just to make sure that no-one anywhere actually knows what they are buying) and this beer is bad. My throat feels like I'm drinking glue - and, spice aside, my tongue seconds the impression.

Back