Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is more a "what's ABOUT to be in the glass" but I can't help but post it:

beer.JPG

My brother met up with a mate of mine in Long Beach, CA and collected the following for me:

12 x Supplication (a case)
2 x Consecration
1 x Santification
1 x 750ml Cascade Kriek
1 x 750ml Drakes Aroma Coma IPA
1 x 500ml Stone Quingenti Mililitre Double Dry Hopped Ruination w Centennial & Citra Hops
1 x 750ml Kerns River Citra Double IPA

Apparently the Stone one was originally only for brewery staff and the Kerns River one was only available at the brewery and sold out within hours.

I'm in for a very pleasent time :icon_drool2:

Jez

Your brother sounds awesome!

Been busy with the BM pack so hadn't been to the local for a while. I missed out on the Brew Dog pack, 4 ales with the same grain bill but each made with a different, single hop. They hope to get some more in, I hope to get one.

They did have these, which I haven't tried:
HopThiefNorrebros.jpg

Just finished the New York style Lager.
NorrebroBryghusNewYorkLager.jpg

Which tasted nothing like the bland megaswill lagers we here in Australia have been raised on.
I can't read Danish, and CBF translating the label with google, but I gather it's really a pilsner (seems dark for a pils) or at least made with pils malt, with Cascade hops.
Hoping I enjoy teh others more. Nothing "wrong" with this one, just not particularly to my taste.

NorrebroBryghusForarsBock.jpg

Thats more like it!
Unfortunatley I have a bit of a head cold, so the aroma may or may not be dark fruits and spices.
The taste is rich and complex. Dark fruit, as well as the roasted flavours found in a porter or stout, and some peppery / spicy flavours too.
Much nicer (to my tastes) than the NY lager. Will have to get another one when I don't have a cold...

Got a nice assortment of beers for tonight! :)

First time trying the Chimay and La Trappe Dubel.

IMG_0173.JPG

Scored a case of Weihenstephan kristall for $43 "reduced to clear" on my way home from work...gonna be a good weekend :beer:

No pics, housesitting without a cam

Absolutely - much prefer the heft or the Vitus but i'm not complaining. $4.30 a Liter and I get a slab of 500ml crown tops for later!

This is more a "what's ABOUT to be in the glass" but I can't help but post it:

View attachment 48522

My brother met up with a mate of mine in Long Beach, CA and collected the following for me:

12 x Supplication (a case)
2 x Consecration
1 x Santification
1 x 750ml Cascade Kriek
1 x 750ml Drakes Aroma Coma IPA
1 x 500ml Stone Quingenti Mililitre Double Dry Hopped Ruination w Centennial & Citra Hops
1 x 750ml Kerns River Citra Double IPA

Apparently the Stone one was originally only for brewery staff and the Kerns River one was only available at the brewery and sold out within hours.

I'm in for a very pleasent time :icon_drool2:

Jez
:icon_drool2: .... Shit.... So much Brett... So jealous....

Product___Rogue_Morimoto_Black_Soba.preview.jpg

(Obviously) not my pic - I took some mobile phone pics and they barely show anything.

Rogue Morimoto Black Obi Soba Ale.

Holy. Fckn. Sht. I grabbed this on pure whim at an awesome little "cult" beer bar in Wellington called Hashigo Zake http://hashigozake.co.nz/ and was blown away. It's brewed with roasted Soba (buckwhest), various Rogue base malts, some crystals, Horizon Sterling and Cascade.

Aroma is quite low, but the buckwheat is evident, and quite savory.

Flavour is light but rich malt, low mouthfeel and a super, super creamy flavour. Unique, I've never had a flavour profile like it in a beer. Bitterness is firm, but not aggressive, and it's very well balanced.

I don't see many people switching to this as a daily drink, but it is amazingly well crafted, with a toally unique flavour and mouthfeel to it. Even with a beer list as long as your arm, with many I would have loved to tried, I still had two of these and a bottle of the white version (which wasn't as good IMHO).

If you can find it, then definitely try it.

Back