Whats Annoyed You The Most On Ahb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what, I have a cool time interacting with everyone on here and brewing top notch homebrews to be worried about any annoyances of this site.

Very true but dont stress to all the new comers. Some times the annoyances are actually good friends dead set taking the piss out of each other. Takes a bit to get used to!

Tony, my use of double negatives has confused you.
BTW, I only get on my soapbox for you, you lovely (if not pretty) man. :lol:
(edited to add emoticon for emphasis)

Double negatives......... thats nothing. I know multiflux reverse transmodufiers!

:p Awww shucks mate. If only you'd have a shave i could say the same for you.

You nit picking bastards have actually tought me a few things like firmenter is spelt with an "e" but a gull will always be a gull!

cheers

Let me guess, as she walks past the computer she mutters 'obsessed'.
Or Can you talk about anything other than your bloody beer.
Or You are not buying anymore stupid beer stuff.

Only Guessing <_<

You sure we haven't married the same woman???? :p

yeah les would be hard to pollish........... you were talking about Les wernt you stagga?

<chopped>Double negatives......... thats nothing. I know multiflux reverse transmodufiers!

:p Awww shucks mate. If only you'd have a shave i could say the same for you.

You nit picking bastards have actually tought me a few things like firmenter is spelt with an "e" but a gull will always be a gull!</chopped>

...as a gull should be, and ever will be. Much respect to the gull! :excl:
but fermentor has two e's and sometimes three.

I might be fully shaved at Bitter and Twisted on the weekend. See ya there, and you can give me a compliment, or a dust-up. :rolleyes: No Brazilians though, unlike Chloe at Young and Jacksons in Melbourne.

yeah les would be hard to pollish........... you were talking about Les wernt you stagga?
See... plenty of spelling errors. All untouched. My point in quoting this is to bring up a quote from Mikey Robbins, who said that you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter. Think about it. Does that make you ill?

Seems that I am the biggest annoyance to Tony on AHB, and I'm OK with that. :wacko:

Or to quote Rodney Rude........... dip em in gold paint and sell em to jap tourists as nuggets :lol:

I always loved that one

cheers

Yeh, that Admin PoMo - keeps on taking my racist jokes about non-meat eaters down....

Did you know PoMo has crossed the line and is now on the dark side of the Pro-Brewer Force?

You nit picking bastards have actually tought me a few things like firmenter is spelt with an "e" but a gull will always be a gull!

cheers

i thought your unique spelling was an ingenious way of vastly improving the search function. Try typing Firmenter into the search function and see whose name pops up all over the place.
Onya Tony for improving the search function

Acronyms = Text speak!

No excuse, "text speak" is a no-no on forums!

Why try and get past the rules by calling it "acronyms"?

I don't dislike this site, but I do HATE "text speak"!

Back to the original subject!

Was there a warning we all missed about trusting anonymous people on forums?

Just to let you all know, and the truth DOES hurt, I don't trust Text Speakers on forums!

Acronyms are not text speak and it is perfectly legitimate to use acronyms on technical forums. How many times do you want to write Kit and Kilo out? Or light dry malt extract, or hot liquor tank or aussiehomebrewer. Basic English, of course should be typed, correctly spelt (sorry Tony), punctuated (apologies ///) and consist of mixed case as appropriate for the ease of reading, but there is no need to spell out common brewing terms to a brewing audience where the standard acronym is widely known.

Get with the times, buddy!

Acronyms are not text speak and it is perfectly legitimate to use acronyms on technical forums. How many times do you want to write Kit and Kilo out? Or light dry malt extract, or hot liquor tank or aussiehomebrewer. Basic English, of course should be typed, correctly spelt (sorry Tony), punctuated (apologies ///) and consist of mixed case as appropriate for the ease of reading, but there is no need to spell out common brewing terms to a brewing audience where the standard acronym is widely known.

Get with the times, buddy!
and in the wiki/articles

Ya got me !!

Oh, you got me.... spot on!!

And I said Carry on!, not post! ;)

But i guess its Type - So: DITLIGAF!

All members will now carry on!

hehehe!

Butters ;)

Just joking mate,i enjoy your library of Knowledge :p

Any thoughts on my recent acetobacter problem?Sure hope my scorched earth/ new chemical situation has solved it.As I have 70 lts in lager fridge and over 100 lt in ale fridge.

If these brews go south,I'm going back to vb

Acronyms are not text speak and it is perfectly legitimate to use acronyms on technical forums.

Spot-on, I couldn't agree with you more.

Perhaps my original message about Acronyms = Text Speak was not delivered properly.
What I was saying is a lot of people will use Text Speak and either think it is or hope it passes as an Acronym.

Back