Whats Annoyed You The Most On Ahb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is "thx" an acronym for "thanks"? :unsure:

EDIT: <_<

How is "thx" an acronym? :unsure:

THX stands for Tomlinson Holman's eXperiment.
THX is a trade name of a high-fidelity sound reproduction standard for movie theaters, screening rooms, home theaters, computer speakers, gaming consoles, and car audio systems.
THX was developed by Tomlinson Holman at George Lucas's company Lucasfilm in 1983 to ensure that the soundtrack for the third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, would be accurately reproduced in the best venues.

:p ;)

Acronyms are not text speak and it is perfectly legitimate to use acronyms on technical forums. How many times do you want to write Kit and Kilo out? Or light dry malt extract, or hot liquor tank or aussiehomebrewer. Basic English, of course should be typed, correctly spelt (sorry Tony), punctuated (apologies ///) and consist of mixed case as appropriate for the ease of reading, but there is no need to spell out common brewing terms to a brewing audience where the standard acronym is widely known.

Get with the times, buddy!

It's spelled, not spelt. ;)

I do not have too much problem ,

but it would be nice if when people start a post they put a short sentence as the topic title

and add more in the topic discription

The worst titles are of the sort

HELP

A NEWBIE

LIQUID YEAST

SAFLAGER 23 etc

I stand corrected, good sir. May we enjoy hearty ales and wines, and laugh the night away.

:beer:

I do not have too much problem ,

but it would be nice if when people start a post they put a short sentence as the topic title

and add more in the topic discription

The worst titles are of the sort

HELP

A NEWBIE

LIQUID YEAST

SAFLAGER 23 etc

+1 for this. It's not just this forum, but many many places. Again, some forums will close threads with uninformative topics. That's overboard, imho. Best option is to just ignore such posts. It's an etiquette educational thing.

Back