What To Drink This Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
I have another mates 18th this weekend and all my home brew is conditioning
so this is a good excuse to drink some beer for the bottles

What is a good CHEAP megaswill beer in crown style bottles im thinking maybe Hahn Premium lager ( if its still in those bottles of course)

I have another mates 18th this weekend and all my home brew is conditioning
so this is a good excuse to drink some beer for the bottles

What is a good CHEAP megaswill beer in crown style bottles im thinking maybe Hahn Premium lager ( if its still in those bottles of course)

Dan Murphy's has Amsterdam Mariner on for $30 for a 24 pack of bottles. You'd have to see if the bottles are heavy enough and don't have twist tops though. The beer isn't the greatest but for the price it's pretty good. Quite similar to Heineken or similar Euro mass lagers - and it's made by Grolsch.

I wouldn't call it megaswill, but Cooper's beers are good value.

those cheap dutch imports are.. well.. cheap and are a pretty average approximation of a euro lager. liquor land has a couple of different ones that are really cheap. better than VB etc, and they are not twist tops.

Try some Rooftop Red Lager, it's not bad and a good price IIRC.

First port of call for bottles is Coopers for mine. Might as well drink something good.

It all depends on how long you intend to be drinking and how much you intend drinking, if your going for a 12 hour plus session and plan on swilling down a whole box buy yourself than for me I always go coopers pale ale :chug: :chug: :chug: But if you just going a few hours around the BBQ with a family friendly show then I ussually go something more flavourfull like any number of microbrewed beers and try and keep my behaviour in check. :huh:

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

Yep cant go past Coopers.Maybe even try there mild brown ale or whatever its called.
If you really want to impress your mates buy a carton of crown lager. :lol:

Cheers
ig D

Where are you Gonzo?

Many places in Melbourne have Coopers Pale on special for $34.95 a carton at the moment...

(edit: By many, I mean my local Bottle-o, Dan Murphy's and I think Safeway/Coles)

I reckon Hansa Pils and Velkopopovick Kozel are hard to beat value-for-money Pilsners in 500ml bottles. :beerbang:

Usually lucky enough to get change from $3 (just) too.

Warren -

Imagine trying to pronounce that with a few under your belt.Sober as is and i have trouble.

Im in newcastle im looking at Hahn Premium Lager mainly for the bottles.
Are they still in Crown Seal Bottles? Cause they are on special if not i might have to buy 2 six packs of becks and settle on that
cause im going halves with my old man

I snuck in a crafty Coopers Pale Ale after work today... SWAMBO wanted to pick me up as it was raining - I wanted to have a beer and some peace and quiet on the walk home... she caught me about half way - the one kilometer mark. Bugger. I get the odd tallie of coopers to add to the stash of 200 tallies I already have... at this rate I'll have 250+ by August 2007! :party:

I make sure they are only heavy duty crown seal longnecks. I have taken a few VB longnecks prisoner, but then I brought home a few ugly birds two in my time! :D

InCider.

Tried to grab some Kozels after work today and all the locals were out :eek:

Apparently all the local stocks were consumed during the Multicultural Festival a week or two ago, which of course I missed out on :(

PZ.

Latest posts

Back