What To Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elec

Reaction score
Bit of guidance, if I may ask please folks. My latest order has failed to turn up, and my plans for the next 3 brews are now in disarray. Any recipes / ideas using the following ingredients would be appreciated. I have in stock the following:
Stack of LMDE
90gms each of Halletauer Mittlefrue, Amirillo Usa, Nelson Sauvin, Perle, Tettnang, Cascade and a little bit of Galaxy.
US05, 3068, and some stuff festered from a bottle of Chimay Blue. I have an Amber ale style with cascade conditioning atm.
I don't have the option of visiting a LHBS, and a new order will take at least a fortnight to arrive, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3.5 kg of ldme, with a cascade and amarillo boil (cascade for bittering, amarillo for flavour and aroma) using the us05 will not disappoint

+1
American IPA is foolproof... load it up to 6%, throw in some crystal if you have, aim for around 40-50IBU of amarillo and cascade

OR bitter with the galaxy and use all the nelson at 15, 5, 0mins plus dry hop for something different

I have a some Carapils, med crystal and caramalt in the freezer as well, what do you reckon?

Keep it simple, 5% crystal 95% LME
Nelson hops have a very unique flavour... worth a try!
Otherwise IPA...just hop to your hearts content.. 50IBU is a good number, 40 from your 60min addition, then use as much you've got in the last 15mins to develop a strong aroma and flavour (cascade)

Latest posts

Back