Albury Wodonga and region Grain BB Take 2 with $44 perlick 525ss

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammo7

Reaction score
Guys.
Sorry for the previous Bulk Buy - too many things going on between work and family.
I have been working with Jezza from UBI and he has come up with the awesome offer of perlick 525ss taps for $44 with each bag ordered (eg: buy 1 bag, you can buy 5 taps).
He has also offered the following prices on hops and Yeast to pick up at the same time.

BB will close on 10th June
Pick up on the 22nd June
Payment by 12th June

Location will be UBI Wodonga

We can also do drop points all the way to Melbourne if needed.

Weyermann will be available if we can get 20 Bags (wishful thinking)

He has also offered the following prices on hops and Yeast to pick up at the same time\

Spreadsheet Here

1kg for $34
CZ Saaz (GR) 3.6%AA
Fuggles (U.K) 4.7%AA
Cascade (USA) 6.2%AA
Hersbrucker (GR) 4.1%AA
Hallertau (GR) 4.8%AA
NTH Brewer (GR) 9.8%AA
Perle (GR) 10%AA
E.K Goldings (U.K) 4.8%AA
Galaxy (AUS) 14.5%AA
POR (AUS) 9.8%AA

1kg for $44
Willamette (USA) 6.1%AA
Chinook (USA) 11.9%AA
Citra (USA) 14.4%AA
1kg for $60
Amarillo (USA) 10.1%AA
Nelson Sauvin (USA)

Fermentis yeast
Safbrew S-33 500g $70
Safbrew T-58 500g $85
Safbrew WB-06 500g $115
Safale S-04 500g $100
Safale US-05 500g
$100 Safale/wheat K-97 500g $100
Saflager S-23 500g $145
Saflager S-189 500g $160
Saflager W-34/70 500g $160
Safbrew S-33 Per Sachet 11.5g $4
Safbrew T-58 Per Sachet 11.5g $4
Safbrew WB-06 Per Sachet 11.5g $6
Safale S-04 Per Sachet 11.5g $5
Safale US-05 Per Sachet 11.5g $5
Saflager S-23 Per Sachet 11.5g $8
Safale W-34/70 Per Sachet 11.5g $8

Great work, now just to work out what i want, and how much of each.
You're gunna get me in trouble by the look of my total...

1X golden promise
1XWeyermann Vienna

Not sure about a pick up date yet as i will have to check my roster (we are on 12hr rotating shift at the moment)
I willlet you know in the next day or so whether pick up day suits or either that i will get onto jezza and arange an alternative pick up date.

P.S
Im a tradie and i cant spell all that well but i ca lift big things.....True story

brentice said:
1X golden promise
1XWeyermann Vienna

Not sure about a pick up date yet as i will have to check my roster (we are on 12hr rotating shift at the moment)
I willlet you know in the next day or so whether pick up day suits or either that i will get onto jezza and arange an alternative pick up date.

P.S
Im a tradie and i cant spell all that well but i ca lift big things.....True story
Hey Brentice.
No probs Mate. I'm sure Jezza will hold them for you (the bags of Malt that is).
If you are only after a couple of bags, I may be able to get them dropped off for you.

1x Golden Promise.1x Marris Otter,1x Weyermann Light Munich,1kg Perle,1kg UK Goldings.Hammo,we discussed a possible delivery on the NEB Fb forum several weeks ago,I'll contact you there and discuss it further,cheers

Hi,

I've nearly finished building my brewery, I dabbled in all grain brewing about eight years ago but only made about 5 brews and didn't have any guidance other than the John Palmer bible.
I still have about 50kg of malt left over which I'll give a go at using, hopefully it will be OK but I'm not expecting great results. It will be good enough to break in the brewery.
Could someone provide guidance on a good base malt that can be used for basic lagers and ales and a couple of versatile varieties of hops. Previously I used JW pale ale and pilsner and Bamberg pilsner.

I live in West Albury and would like to participate in the bulk buy.

Cheers

If the grain is 8 years old I would be chucking it in the bin

Hammo7 said:
Hey Brentice.
No probs Mate. I'm sure Jezza will hold them for you (the bags of Malt that is).
If you are only after a couple of bags, I may be able to get them dropped off for you.

Nah all good mate. I'll Swing up the Hume and Drop the misses off at Myer on the Way. Try and Kill 2 little birdies with the same yonnie so as to speak.... True Story

Hillbrewer said:
Hi,

I've nearly finished building my brewery, I dabbled in all grain brewing about eight years ago but only made about 5 brews and didn't have any guidance other than the John Palmer bible.
I still have about 50kg of malt left over which I'll give a go at using, hopefully it will be OK but I'm not expecting great results. It will be good enough to break in the brewery.
Could someone provide guidance on a good base malt that can be used for basic lagers and ales and a couple of versatile varieties of hops. Previously I used JW pale ale and pilsner and Bamberg pilsner.

Cheers
No it won't.8 year old malt = chook feed.Buy fresh malt,and hops,and yeast .

Hillbrewer said:
Hi,

Cheers
Hey Hillbrewer.
I agree with the other guys. it will be good for chook food, thats about it.
As far as your base malts go, JW pale and pils are a good start, I would also have either a Maris Otter or Golden promise in my arsenal. I don't think brand of malts really matter as it is a personal preference and the type of beers you are brewing.
For european ish pale lagers, you would be better off with a german malt like Best Pils, for English Ales - Simpsons Maris Otter, Aussie ales, JW Trad ale, American lagers - Briess Pale ale.
Hops, hallertau, tettnang, saaz for your german beers, EKG or Fuggles for your english beers. Cascade, galaxy, citra, chinook, are nice fruity hops for an APA.
These are what I am getting good results with, but are not a hard and fast rule. This is the great thing about homebrewing, do what you like, experimenting is half the fun!

The good thing is we now have a local homebrew shop that caters for the all grain brewer, and we can get our ingredients without having to pay freight!

Cheers

Hammo7 said:
Hey Hillbrewer.
I agree with the other guys. it will be good for chook food, thats about it.
As far as your base malts go, JW pale and pils are a good start, I would also have either a Maris Otter or Golden promise in my arsenal. I don't think brand of malts really matter as it is a personal preference and the type of beers you are brewing.
For european ish pale lagers, you would be better off with a german malt like Best Pils, for English Ales - Simpsons Maris Otter, Aussie ales, JW Trad ale, American lagers - Briess Pale ale.
Hops, hallertau, tettnang, saaz for your german beers, EKG or Fuggles for your english beers. Cascade, galaxy, citra, chinook, are nice fruity hops for an APA.
These are what I am getting good results with, but are not a hard and fast rule. This is the great thing about homebrewing, do what you like, experimenting is half the fun!

The good thing is we now have a local homebrew shop that caters for the all grain brewer, and we can get our ingredients without having to pay freight!

Cheers
Thanks for the tips Hammo,

I'll place an order for

1 Simpsons Maris Otter

1 JW Traditional Pale Ale

1 Briess Pale Ale

I'll hold off on the bulk yeasties and hops and buy as required.

I do have chooks and will be feeding them the eight year old malt. I wonder if the flavour profile of the eggs will change?
Might get some stout undertones when I feed them the roast barley.

Cheers

I do have chooks and will be feeding them the eight year old malt. I wonder if the flavour profile of the eggs will change?
Might get some stout undertones when I feed them the roast barley.
I've heard that dairy cattle fed spent grain can produce 20% extra milk,so anything's possible.

1 x JW Trad Ale
1 x Simpsons MO
1 x Best Munich
1KG EKG
1KG POR
1KG Cascade

Cheers

brentice said:
Is this still happening. Just curious to know if eyes needs to drives me vehicle things down the roadie thing and pay the man for the doggie so to speak. True story
Hey Brentice.
It is still happening.
I have updated the spreadsheet with my bank account details.

G'day all.
This is what I have so far grain wise.

1. Brentice: 1X golden promise, 1XWeyermann Vienna
2. Topper01: 1x Golden Promise, 1x Marris Otter, 1x Weyermann Light Munich, 1kg Perle, 1kg UK Goldings
3. Joell: 1 x MO, 1xBest Wheat, 1x Weyermann Munich
4: Hillbrewer: 1X Simpsons Maris Otter, 1X JW Traditional Pale Ale, 1X Briess Pale Ale
5. Tones0606: 1x JW Trad Ale, 1x Simpsons MO, 1x Best Munich, 1KG EKG, 1KG POR, 1KG Cascade
6. Kappow: 1x Golden Promise, 1x Marris Otter
7: Hammo7: 1x Marris Otter

PLease let me know if there is any more grains to go on. I have subbed the Weyermann Vienna and Munich with Best.

Latest posts

Back