What Stops You Getting Drunk....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thought of a 6am mash-in keeps me sober .... well most of the time ... well rarely ...

Some random old wives tales:

- putting one foot on the floor if the room starts to spin when you're in bed will stop the spinning
This works, well for me it does. And just to make sure I've been more than a little drunk on numerous occasions, each and every time, sleeping with one foot on the floor whilst in bed has reduced the effects of spinning.

As for what stops me getting drunk...

- being hit in the head by a ceiling fan when dancing on the bar
- "surfing" on top a a took-took in Bangkok at 3am in the morning.
- taxi rides home from a night out in Jakarta, if the taxi ride there wasn't sobering enough
- running out of money
- forgetting my PIN (though why is it you can remember the exact sequence of 57 digits to push to make an international call with a calling card at 3am in the morning, but you can't even pronounce your own name!?)

Prost!

What stops me getting drunk?

Beer that is served too cold from the tap to begin with, and becomes shit once it warms up!

Me old grandfather used to say... Boy, there's no point drinkin' if it doesn't affect ya...

The trick is being able to moderate one's self at the buzz and not continue on to the 'thinking racing down a 1 in 12 gradient 4 kilometres long through 8 sets of traffic lights on a three lane road in a shopping trolley stage' is a good idea...

The thought of a 6am mash-in keeps me sober .... well most of the time ... well rarely ...

:lol:

My mates missus used to "drink" a couple raw eggs before a night on the turps....dunno why, or if it helped lol i doubt it.

-Eat well before you start drinking.
-Alternate water and beer.
-Take some charcoal pills before you start drinking.

sober.jpg

2.jpg

SEX-SEX & MORE SEX!! while engaged in it you've got no time to drink, so you don't get drunk[works for me]but the reprocustions can be worse ;)
Russ

I don't know about that, haven't you ever mixed sex and alcohol???
Ohh well never mind.

Passing out will stop you as well. Ohh and solids going the opposite way from liquids....

I basically don't drink to get drunk, it's a social lubricant and over the years i have learnt to tame the beast to do what i want not vice versa.
What i do like is to have a hot day's session around the pool, maybe 1 an hour all afternoon, cricket on the radio......couple of waters in the middle to keep me hydrated...

being married with a kid works for me :huh:
and i agree with the adrenaline thing, also from my wedding day. kept drinking but still felt sober.

Id have to agree withe the sex theme...
I night on the beer or ..a night in the cot...she gets me everytime with the lingere....
lol

Fatigue. Kids, work and jogging. I don't jog to keep fit, but I want to beat my mate in the King of the Mountain race in Pomona in july. I come home after a run, drink some water, then have a beer or two, eat and pass out like a schoolie. A bald schoolie :lol:

Fatigue. Kids, work and jogging. I don't jog to keep fit, but I want to beat my mate in the King of the Mountain race in Pomona in july. I come home after a run, drink some water, then have a beer or two, eat and pass out like a schoolie. A bald schoolie :lol:

And that's exactly why you lost your man-pass ya limp wrist ed coconut thrower. :D

I had two nights on the piss with the Russian Navy in Vladivostok. Night 1, their ship, Vodka. Messy as sin (as I was reliably? informed damned if I can remember...).

I found out the next morning, that the secret to drinking russian vodka is to eat shitloads of "polish" sausage. the fat lines your guts, and blocks the absorption of alcohol.

Night 2, our ship, VB. Messy for them.

Apparently when the alcohol is carbonated, it is absorbed as much by the lungs as the stomach, and they didn't have access to their neutralising sausage.

Result:

Night 1, Russia 150, Australia Nil

Night 2, Russia 0 Australia 150

We declared it an honourable draw. We declined their offer of a game of chess to decide the winner ;)

Fester.

Self control keeps me sober and the thought of having to explain my shabby performance with a shocking hangover in the morning. I Also remind myself about at who do I want in control, me or the beer?
I've never heard of the a breweries coming around and say to someone's missus " Look we are very sorry that you old man was an absolute tosser last night but unfortunately he consumed too much of our product, please accept our humble apologies and we we will endevour to make sure this never happens again and here is a cheque for $2000 to cover the damages".

Doesn't work all the time, but works a hell of a lot better then a glass of milk

I have found the thing that seems to stop me getting drunk is the sight of Haley's comet. I dread the appearance of that bloody thing, shoot the ******* down I say!

- "surfing" on top a a took-took in Bangkok at 3am in the morning.

:lol: :lol: Mr Dack we have much in common. Only difference being I stooped down to eventually vomit out the back.

As for my "what stops you getting drunk" remedy ??

Two large containers of KFC potato and gravy. Down these before drinking and all will be good in the world. Oh yes it will. :D

Warren -

Back