What Is Your Main Manliness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being able to repair and service my own and family members lawnmowers.

And making terribly dirty jokes and drinking beer while doing so.

I drive a ute.

I wore a tool belt for an hour today.

I own a .308 calibre rifle, which has despatched numerous feral pigs from grateful farmers' properties.

I have driven a car at over 220kph.

I have ben a passenger in a car at over 240kph (calibrated speedo stops around there).

I have driven ambulances.

I used to carry a gun around all day for four days a week. (Until last December)

I have fired an M4, an M1, an uzi, an AK-47, a Glock 45, a Glock 22, a H&K .45 rifle, a .44 Magnum and solid slugs from a pump action shotgun.

I have been to the FBI academy at Quantico.

I wish I had many of the skills you guys are all talking about. I would love to be able to do handy stuff, but have never really been taught or had the balls to risk doing things myself. For this reason, I have never had the proper tools to do much either.

My main manliness these days is making (badly) and drinking beer.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
So your Main Manliness is grouping a set of other manly ingredients. Fruit salad manliness!
Edit: that phrasing is.......sketchy. [emoji51] sorry spog
Actually I like fruit salad especially with a dollop of ice cream.....

Wardcliff is ******* cool

Edit: "I wish I had many of the skills you guys are all talking about."
Yep, this is what I reckon the more I read.

Except the wanking.....that I've got sorted to a suitable and sustainable quality.

I'm not this fucker: Melbourne man arrested in US on child sex charges - ABC
https://apple.news/AkJKb_YqjQIyEJ0wMnlZXGA

I protect kids. I love women. I'm there when people need me. I've stepped into the middle of blokes bashing women six times. I've stepped into the middle of blokes bashing blokes four times, and I've stood aside when it was a just beating (however not when it got worse than a necessary lesson). I've given up so many aspects of my life to be there for my chronically ill wife and our child. I admire other men for their skills and qualities.

I've never really said these things publicly, but I think it's part of being manly and hadn't been said yet.

And **** me! That dude with the log! Cajones grandes!!!!!

Massive. Next song on the soundtrack is yours to choose Mardoo...

Mardoo also has good taste in music so there's a chance I may buy this soundtrack when it's released.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
What a beautiful video.
Yep. Did you know that if you pick up a properly made greenwood chair and tap it with a hammer it will ring like a bell? The whole thing is held together under tension and all the components act like resonant bars.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Wardcliff is ******* cool

Edit: "I wish I had many of the skills you guys are all talking about."
Yep, this is what I reckon the more I read.

Except the wanking.....that I've got sorted to a suitable and sustainable quality.
Thanks zorzoc_cosdog .... I think. "Cool" wasn't really how I pictured it when writing. And without the benefit of 'tone' in posts, I'm not certain if it was a compliment or sarcasm.

But either way, I'd say I've had the opportunity to do some cool things, but also the necessity to do many very uncool things.

My life isn't what it once was and never will be again, but I think Mardoo's definitely got it right, and I will continue to envy many of the "manly" skills shared on this thread.

To clear this up (I hope)

Mate, I genuinely think you're Main Manliness is interesting.

Attached is my cheers.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1464176790.892512.jpg

Cheeky Tawny on a cool evening.

Edit: I'm not great at sarcasm....never could master that level of wit.

I once drove a tractor for work.

I have hairs on my chest.

My turds sink to the bottom.

I fart when I need to. In bed, on the train, in the office, at the cricket crease...

My most used consumables in the shed are:
CRC, brakleen, Cable ties & duct tape

zorsoc_cosdog said:
To clear this up (I hope)

Mate, I genuinely think you're Main Manliness is interesting.

Attached is my cheers.

Cheeky Tawny on a cool evening.

Edit: I'm not great at sarcasm....never could master that level of wit.
And cheers to you zorsoc_cosdog. With thanks.

On another day we might share a cheeky tawny together.

And to Ducatiboy Stu, I hope one handed wanking counts, because although I'd love to say I had extraordinarily large hands, that's not the true reason they both won't fit.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Does being able to wank one handed count ?
Only if its the non dominant hand.

I use to struggle, then I found a solution.

2c9391a0f7376c141e8b3f94d83d2191b4ff392f.gif

Wardcliff said:
I drive a ute.

I wore a tool belt for an hour today.

I own a .308 calibre rifle, which has despatched numerous feral pigs from grateful farmers' properties.

I have driven a car at over 220kph.

I have ben a passenger in a car at over 240kph (calibrated speedo stops around there).

I have driven ambulances.

I used to carry a gun around all day for four days a week. (Until last December)

I have fired an M4, an M1, an uzi, an AK-47, a Glock 45, a Glock 22, a H&K .45 rifle, a .44 Magnum and solid slugs from a pump action shotgun.

I have been to the FBI academy at Quantico.

I wish I had many of the skills you guys are all talking about. I would love to be able to do handy stuff, but have never really been taught or had the balls to risk doing things myself. For this reason, I have never had the proper tools to do much either.

My main manliness these days is making (badly) and drinking beer.
Nonsense..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuG9kUiRC_I

When I was shooting at the Hume Pistol Club (still a school boy), one of the guys there let me shoot his .30/30 Thompson Contender.

That was damn memorable.

c7e25089c787064fef6fdd41baca0bf2.jpg

I only fired off three rounds but my manliness factor went up by an order of magnitude.

Latest posts

Back