What Is Your Main Manliness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
I can feel my testosterone spike just looking ant the manly SR-71.

Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg
There's an old story that I'd love to believe was even remotely true.

A Cessna pilot asked for a ground speed and altitude check and was given his speed and altitude. A fighter pilot came over the radio and asked condescendingly for the same, which was just over Mach 1 and around 40000 ft. He was clearly trying to impress the Cessna pilot... Then another voice came over and asked for his ground speed and altitude, to which the response was Mach 3 and 80000ft. Fighter jock wasn't heard from again.

You only get one bad day at work with that shit...

image.jpg

Knowin some days its more important to have a clean arse than be wearin that old Tshirt.

mash head said:
Knowin some days its more important to have a clean arse than be wearin that old Tshirt.
A character of the man no longer the boy.

I think I took longer than others to start getting this right

barls said:
all those that are posting the guns till you have fired one of these suckers you are all well behind.

im talk of the big fucker in the back as well.
thats what i use to look after in the military.

Ex reservist here,my OC ( WO2) was a Vietnam Veteran he wanted to show us just how serious weapons are.
We set up 6 range targets, each target consisted of 2 x 44 gallon water filled drums with 2 railway sleepers on top ,on top of the sleepers were 4 smaller drums filled with water.
9mm hand guns pfft.
9 mm SMG...pfft.
7.62 mm SLR ...WOW!
7.62 mm AR..... SHIT !
7.62 mm. M60.... WOW HOLY SHIT...
Steel drums, Redgum sleepers reduced to damn near **** all.
Truly drove the message home.

Last edited by a moderator:
barls said:
all those that are posting the guns till you have fired one of these suckers you are all well behind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGudnVQsnLw
im talk of the big fucker in the back as well.
thats what i use to look after in the military.
I did my service in a British Army apache squadron (656) as groundcrew, loading bombs and bullets on to those flying beasties shown at the end of the vid (is that naval cannon 30mm too, Barls... the empties look similar sized).
But, in my opinion, all that pales, along with what you drive (**** that, you've bought your 'manliness' there, champ), etc, in comparison to how you care for your family and raise your kids to be decent human beings.

Danwood said:
I did my service in a British Army apache squadron (656) as groundcrew, loading bombs and bullets on to those flying beasties shown at the end of the vid (is that naval cannon 30mm too, Barls... the empties look similar sized).
But, in my opinion, all that pales, along with what you drive (**** that, you've bought your 'manliness' there, champ), etc, in comparison to how you care for your family and raise your kids to be decent human beings.
Spot on there Dan. I don't own a shotgun to feel like a man. I own a shotgun because I have daughters.

...and live in Mooroolbark (left yourself wide open there, mate)

When you blokes tell us what your Main Manliness is, make sure you post a matching song up after.

OK, I'll offer up an alternative for the soundtrack. The Plastics, Japan, 1980. That woman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfU_HyLXUR0

Shame about understanding the lyrics. They're really ******* funny, once you know what a dick you can be. But then again there's how ******* awesome you are too. Damn JB, your quad was strong!

What would be interesting to know is when did we males shelve our basic instincts of total dominance over the troupe (after all we are only a gnats cock away genetically from our closest relatives) and take up to being happy displaying the best tool or biggest weapon and also to commit to a monogamous life style.
Other mammals still rely on the age old and proven system of dominance by an alpha male to ensure a strong lineage, did it happen before we left the trees or after, and why? Could Sir David Attenborough or Lord Robert Winston, put a time stamp or even a reason for the change?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHqs8SffDo

Mardoo said:
OK, I'll offer up an alternative for the soundtrack. The Plastics, Japan, 1980. That woman...

Shame about understanding the lyrics. They're really ******* funny, once you know what a dick you can be. But then again there's how ******* awesome you are too. Damn JB, your quad was strong!
Well that was a bit different

Surely there must be some better footage of that landing? Can't see a thing.

I reckon you have to have a man's set of balls to survive this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdxeyu3cSW0

Acts of manliness: Derek Redmonds Olympic story.

Oh dear...I think I've got something in my eye..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mN4P_WxdnE

Back