What Is A Beer Nerd ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know your are a nerd when you buy sparging gravel, and post the results ;)

Pumpy..... im all but the magazins subscription and the jamal fella thing. Wouldnt know what his voice sounds like!

Ive never read palmers how to brew either :eek: never will :ph34r:

HEre is one for your list:

says to the waiter at the resteraunt........ do you know how much beer i can make for the cost for that tooheys new!

cheers

You read this post and was expecting a poll!

cheers

Darren

You go to a local pub and simply must comment that there is absolutley no selection of decent beers available.

Then proceed to suck down 20 VB's, eight wild turkeys, three packs of cigarettes and make love to a poker machine.

Um, you guys have nights like this too, right ?

You go to a local pub and simply must comment that there is absolutley no selection of decent beers available.

Then proceed to suck down 20 VB's, eight wild turkeys, three packs of cigarettes and make love to a poker machine.

Hell nah.....it's 20 XXXX bitter's up here.

...Go's away and sobs in the corner.

Nupe, just you. ;)

Getting an elbow in the guts from SWMBO telling u to turn your internet accessing mobile off because trying to check on replies from your last AHB post whilst in bed is seriously not the f$&@?ng go!!!!

2)Goes to Dan Murphys to try their European beer selection
1st choice for their English beer selection. Dan for cheap James Squire and Little Creatures!

11) Occassionally makes labels for his beer bottles
Only as presents.

12) gets beer brewing related items for birthdays & Xmas presents
Ask for maybe... don't receive.

13) gets over excited when drinking a Rodenbach Grand Cru or a Rochefort 10
I get excited even over a Rochefort 8.

18 )Soaks off the labels from beer bottle they find interesting
Yep.

20) Sniffs hops for freshness ,but worse still, nibble's malted grain, 'mouse like'
Better, chew on a hop pellet. :eek: Now keep chewing. That's right...

3 hours later, drink a Miller lite and say "Wow, this is a lot hoppier than I'd expect!"

:p

Looks at all the poor bastardinos lugging slabs of megaswill out of the bottlo, and all you feel is pity for them for being ripped off for flavourless, hopless, tasteless, characterless, and bodyless beer.

I've actually talked some guys out of buying a case of Corona... two kids looking around for what to buy, they gravitated towards the Corona, about to pick it up, and I said "come on guys, you can do better than Corona for $48". They moved on. I try to control myself more nowdays.

I do enjoy helping out hapless ladies who are browsing the beer isles and obviously out of their depth though. I have saved one guy from receiving a whole box of identical generic lagers in different bottles as a present once. B)

No, I don't smoke....

Checks AHB for anything interesting late at night before going to bed.

And lucky in SA we don't have to put up with VB or XXXX at the local. They have Coopers.

:icon_cheers:

Own an ipod for more than a year before downloading music as well as home brewing podcasts.

I've actually talked some guys out of buying a case of Corona... two kids looking around for what to buy, they gravitated towards the Corona, about to pick it up, and I said "come on guys, you can do better than Corona for $48". They moved on. I try to control myself more nowdays.

I do enjoy helping out hapless ladies who are browsing the beer isles and obviously out of their depth though. I have saved one guy from receiving a whole box of identical generic lagers in different bottles as a present once. B)

You hang aound bottlos advising complete strangers not to buy certain beers cause you don`t like the taste :lol:
THAT is nerdy.

stagga.

I was up this morning getting ready for work looking around for my mobile phone when I realised the back door was ajar. Upon further investigation the lock had been tampered with :eek: .

My beer nerd moment hit me when the next thing I did was check whether the WLP001 starter I pitched to an APA had taken off.

Anyway, it had taken off but looks like my phone is gone and some cash from my wallet. It's funny that was all they stole but my partner was up all throughout the night (babys due) so that might have scared them off. I cant believe the nerve of some people!!! It's been a very strange morning :huh:

Might have a few here:

Fantasizes about possible alterations to beer in the search of a superior beverage.
Has more refridgeration/freezing space for beer and associated items than food.
Knows how to comment on a beer, and infer its likely method of creation.
Would change pubs based on the fact that one has (decent beers name here) on tap.

Good stuff guys! And as for trying to make love to a poker machine...did it put out? :D

- boingk

Tries to hide wife's crockery under the bed to make room in the kitchen cupboards for all the accumulated beer glasses.
Regularly posts in "What's in the Glass" to show off his beer-making prowess and his glasses. :D
Is a member of several Homebrewing Forums. :eek:

And what's wrong with chewing a bit of grain anyway? ;)

im all but the magazins subscription and the jamal fella thing. Wouldnt know what his voice sounds like!
Me neither Tony. :lol:

TP

Back