What Is A Beer Nerd ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, 6 months?How is your stockpile?

Even if not drinking much I enjoy brewing for the relaxation,and have worse withdrawals from the brewing process than the drinking process :huh:

knowing all the ingredients in each beer, even the ones you dont like and being offended by (use of style inappropriate ingredients)

I think this hits the nail on the head. It is as close as I can imagine to a beer "nerd" (vs say a beer snob, which is a different creature).

Just imagine Gordon Ramsay as a beer nerd.
:icon_drunk:
"You used Amarillo in a f***ing PILSENER!? What the F**K were you THINKING! That's the most disgusting F***ING thing I've ever drunk!!"
:icon_vomit:

(Proceeds to throw the entire keg, tap and all, into the garbage skip outside...)

"You used Amarillo in a f***ing PILSENER!? What the F**K were you THINKING! That's the most disgusting F***ING thing I've ever drunk!!"

(Proceeds to throw the entire keg, tap and all, into the garbage skip outside...)

LOL nice one!

shrugs shoulders and smiles

I think this hits the nail on the head. It is as close as I can imagine to a beer "nerd" (vs say a beer snob, which is a different creature).

Love it... :lol:

Found out I'm a beer nerd the other night, whilst trying to buy beer in Mildura....

managed to get into an argument with the bottle-o staff about the heat shock residue in the bottom of the bottles of german lager. (They were trying to tell me german pilsners were bottle conditioned, hence the layer of crap on the bottom of the bottle)

:angry:

Looks at all the poor bastardinos lugging slabs of megaswill out of the bottlo, and all you feel is pity for them for being ripped off for flavourless, hopless, tasteless, characterless, and bodyless beer.
I have no pity for them, only contempt.
Gets annoyed when he goes away for 1 weeks holiday without a computer and finds out that the list he put himself on for a Grain Bulk Buy is terminated and then re-created without himself on the list and finalised... :angry: Even though I have 65kg Base Malts still..... :D
...or goes offline with a computer outage for a few days, and upon return realises that he has just missed out on the last spot in the State swap. :(
A man who orders a pint, and immediately discover it is flat, when he raises this with staff is told:

"oh, it's an Ale, so its meant to be less carbonated than a lager".
And replies

"WTF has a bottom fermenting yeast strain, that works at lower temperature have to do with the level of carbonation expected for this particular style of beer"
...or you pay good $$ for a wild-yeast infected ale at a brewpub, and the owner is at the bar, listens to your complaint and then refuses to assist in any way. (didn't see him drinking the crap, though).
Can't a beer nerd be a mega swill drinker?
If you have to ask, you must not be a beer appreciator. I can occasionally drink/choke a megaswill down, but not very often, as a rule.
Drinking your hydrometer sample before your breakfast.
Taking your hydro sample the night before, and chilling overnight in the fridge, to go with breakfast.

AND...I know I'm not a beer nerd, coz us Beer Geeks HATE being called neeeerrrrds. :angry:

Latest posts

Back