What Is A Beer Nerd ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or Dreams of having a Dan Murphys . .. . instead of LiquorLand and Woolies Grogshop :D

Same thing.......... just they carry more stock of each bottle of wine to make it look more impressive, and they have a fullers ESB and london pride.

Other than that....... no difference.

Ahhhhhh you know your a beer nerd when you walk through said Dan Murpheys store and get offered to taste SOL.

you say............ im an AG home brewer mate. I would rather drink your urine!

cheers

Tony, what coloured shirt was he wearing? Be careful.

You know you're a beer nerd if...

- It's a 43*C day and you hurry home to make sure that the fermenting beer, yeast starter, and missus are all cool enough... In that order.
- You hesitate to turn on the A/C unless at least one of the first two are too warm.

Damn it was hot today.

Damn it was hot today.

I agree...

Back On Topic - This site, and the very serious hobby of brewing is becoming additive, but im not concerned YET, as I dont feel I need to admit I have a problem :p

Beers!

You know you're a beer nerd if...

- It's a 43*C day and you hurry home to make sure that the fermenting beer, yeast starter, and missus are all cool enough... In that order.
- You hesitate to turn on the A/C unless at least one of the first two are too warm.

Damn it was hot today.

or you keep the A/C on all bloody day to make sure that the temp in the house doesnt rise above 20*C while you are at work cause you cant monitor your keg cooling tub

EDIT: to all the greeny tree huggers concerned about me running an A/C all day, it was a joke!

I think all the stuff in this thread is funny, but not all beer nerds are brewers. And not all brewers are beer nerds.

PoMo that was a very nerdy comment of yours!

cheers

I don't do it but I've seen it... Taking 5 litre party kegs to BYO restaurants. :eek:

Warren -

Was pissed off at the lack of beer selection at my two local pubs and local leagues club. So looked at my online banking and downloaded all of the transactions as a CSV file, opened in Excel and worked out all of the money I'd spent in 3 months on beer or going out to places that serve beer.

Then realised I could spend hundreds of dollars on home brew equipment and also get Foxtel at home so that I can still watch the footy (one of the main reasons I'd go out for a drink), and still be saving money.

So now I have draught beer at home and will have Foxtel tomorrow. This footy season is going to be awesome.

PoMo that was a very nerdy comment of yours!

cheers

I see it like this:
Venn_beer_nerdpng.png

Maybe someone who could be described as "having a big head, overwhelming Brettanomyces aroma, and a tendency to give off sulfurous overtones."

Guess I'm not a beer nerd then. I'd rather drink tooheys old on tap than whatever is in a bottle. Drinking beer from bottles in pubs is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back