What Infection Do I Have

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always try some CaCO3 to reduce the acidity. Start with a test sample to get the dosage right. A reasonable bet is that if the bug has run hard and early, it won't continue in the bottle.

Not sure that bottling a beer that is infected is a particularly wise idea.....

Kablooie!

I have just ordered some kegs, but don't anythink else ready yet, still in production stage.
Maybe i should keg it and naturally carb with some dex, and leave it for a couple of weeks.

Shame you chucked in the extra hops; with a bit of raspberry flavouring it could have been a nice lambic!
(sounds like you've got a nice mild level of infection there, so it's not throwing off aromas but just adding flavour).

My bet would be on an infection in your yeast culturing; which is always a tad risky - gotta be crazy-clean with this stuff.

do you have another homebrewer nearby or a good LHBS that could try a sample and give some feedback. it doesn,t sound like it'd be too much of an issue to me but it would be a shame if the first keg turned out to be off especially since a keg system is something that everyone loves to show off :lol:

do you have another homebrewer nearby or a good LHBS that could try a sample and give some feedback. it doesn,t sound like it'd be too much of an issue to me but it would be a shame if the first keg turned out to be off especially since a keg system is something that everyone loves to show off :lol:

Not so local, Shouldn't be to long till i am up at Newcastle again, might call in at MHB's and see if he will have a taste

Mark will definately know what's going on. He's one of the best from what I hear

Latest posts

Back