What Has More Grunt... 3-ring Burner Or 2400w Element?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OT - How did you go about doing this? I am looking into some sort of puratap system to filter water for drinking, particularly if i hook the rainwater up to the house.

We got our system (and the one we had at the previous house) from the purewater shop in parkside.
They also have a shop in central markets.

That's because it's an old argument on this site that most don't want to see rehashed.

Dig up and old thread, they mostly go like this

Poster1 "OMG you all electric guys must be burning the crap out of your wort, you guys are idiots"
Poster2 "actually, never had a problem with it"
Poster1 "but my book says that it is... waffle waffle on, and you'd realise if you were as smart as me"
Poster3 "nope never had a problem either",
Poster1 "but my book...."

Poster 1&3 think, lets leave this topic well enough alone, I know what works for me.

[Note: For the humour imared: smile :D. this post is a joke... mostly]

Well said Zizzle! :beerbang:

Poster1 "OMG you all electric guys must be burning the crap out of your wort, you guys are idiots"
Poster2 "actually, never had a problem with it"
Poster1 "but my book says that it is... waffle waffle on, and you'd realise if you were as smart as me"
Poster3 "nope never had a problem either",
Poster1 "but my book...."

excellent post Zizzle :beer: , now replace "electric" with your homebrew topic of choice.
"I've never brewed an AG beer before and have never had a problem with XXX but my book says I should be worried!"

After PoMos suggestion of using both my 3 ring and my immersion element to bring the wort to the boil I tried it out yesterday. With only using the burner it would take 40 mins to bring 25 litres to the boil. When using both yesterday it took 15 mins. Very happy. Cant believe I didnt think of it in the past.
Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back