What Do You Drive?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duff said:
Yeah that's the video the the BBC pulled from YouTube last week for copyright. It was on again last Monday night with the race across Europe. Awesome car super.gif

I hate repeats, but getting to watch this car two weeks in a row, I was VERY happy!

First car was a holden (yeah right...Isuzu) gemini which had some engine work done to it, but it still went...like a 4 cylinder

Then got my first bike Yamaha rz250rr, 2 stroke smoker

RZ250RR.jpg

which i still own :p

Then had a 79 HZ ute with a black 202 and trimatic.

Currently driving around in a R32 Nissan Skyline....(and the mrs laser when the skyline is being worked on)

Yeasty a mate of mine has the RZ 400 or 450 (can't remember) awesome bike, don;t see many of them these days though.

I myself had a Toyota Corona 84 Model as my first car, then a few 60 series landcruisers some of those were pretty cool cars :super: I now have myself a 100 series Landcruiser wich has been modified slightly

Benaraby0057.jpg

My first car was and still is my Morris Minor 1000 Ute.....Had the old girl for 18yrs....been rebuilt twice, with the original motor... :beerbang:

Also have a 300hp HJ in bits that I really want to put back together

And the other one is My beloved Ducati... :super:Jaz__n__Duke.JPG

seems bike love is a theme.. (moderator pls change name of thread to "what do you ride" :D )

heh heh first "car" a Datsun Sunny, 1978, poo brown, that i got off a mate (unregistered) for a bottle of absinthe. 3 gear auto, what a weapon.....not.
i have owned bikes much longer than cars tho and my latest and best 2 wheeled "girlfriend" is my true love.. :wub:
2005 gsxr-750 :D

DSCF2873_sml.jpg

Then got my first bike Yamaha rz250rr, 2 stroke smoker
which i still own :p

Nice work on keeping the rz for so long! ;) i owned a suzuki RGV 250 for a couple of years and still the sound of 2 strokes gives me a thrill! love that powerband!! In the end i lacked the patience to keep fiddling with it (rings, etc) and it was a temperamental thing to ride occasionally. Oh yes, and it crashed into a gutter. :lol:

Nice work on keeping the rz for so long! i owned a suzuki RGV 250 for a couple of years and still the sound of 2 strokes gives me a thrill! love that powerband!! In the end i lacked the patience to keep fiddling with it (rings, etc) and it was a temperamental thing to ride occasionally. Oh yes, and it crashed into a gutter. :lol:

I must admit I had a couple of flashbacks looking at the RZ :) . I used to commute 120k's per day on mine until the back wheel locked up at 140 KPH..... Pulled in the clutch and stayed upright.. Engine looked spectacular inside :p
My first was a 69 poo brown Corolla Sedan. My first bike was a 74 Kawasaki 250 Triple that I bought for $20 and a Squash Racquet.

I now drive a dirty Corolla Seca Hatch. Definately sedate but love not having to spend money on it so more can go into brewing :) .

Kramer - that'd be the rz500 :D Damn too scary to think about 2 more cylinders to work on / diagnose when something goes wrong...not to metnion the powerband :p

Capretta - I love the bike, so i never really saw any reason to sell it :) Ive pulled the motor apart to have the crank balanced, with new bearings and oil seals. I freshened up the top end too at the same time. Funny enough the pistons and bore were in excellent nick still after 65,000ks...not bad for a 2 stroke :) only needed rings and a hone....

RGV's are a tad too small for me (6'3") i tend to cramp in the hip...

Doogiechap - lol @ the squash racquet...

First car - HZ Kingswood

Fav car- 74 Toyota Celica coupe Red. Awesome, regret selling it, if I could find it I would buy it back.

Current car - Commodore Ute.

Cheers
Gerard

my first car was a 75 hj holden sedan with the monaro paint out,deep dish magnum mags,twin system exhaust.2nd was an fc holden panel van complete with a dickie seat in the back.had 13 yes 13 piss heads in it one night heading for the pub and because of the over loading i could steer properly,result was lost conroll(none in the first place) :blink: and met a stobie pole at roughly 40 kmh.car was fine but bloody hell have you ever tryed to drive a car with 13 blokes crammed onto the dashboard :D
current trolley is a tojo lolux(2x2) on gas,bloody thing is cheap to run (65 cents a litre for gas here) but wouln.nt drag a sailor of my sister :huh: ..laugh you bastards...cheers...spog....

Duc said:
My first car was and still is my Morris Minor 1000 Ute.....Had the old girl for 18yrs....been rebuilt twice, with the original motor... beerbang.gif

There's a fine example of one of these not far from me. Has a nice polished (or oiled? never had a close look) wooden tray with wooden hungry boards, canary yellow paint( thats Australian Gold my friend and don't you F'n forget it!), polished mags, very nice indeed. Has looked the same for well over a decade so the owner must love it.

First car was a VW bus, fondly named Wiggy.

DCP_0002.JPG DCP_0004.JPG

Now I have a Ford Falcon. Nice boring family car, but doesn't break down so often.

Berp.

I hate Morry Utes that have been turned into tray backs sorry, but I cant F&^$G stand them :angry: :angry:

Bit like Hyundies with body kits.... :ph34r:

My official first car was the VH commodore (faded canary yellow - with the annoying 'sunvisor', my mates hated the sun visor so much that I swore to never take it off)

Funny, i learnt to drive in a little square corolla, 1300 i think. I started driving the commdore the same way as the toyo - I actually crawled underneath the car to look for the hole in the tank - no car could actually use that much fuel, how wrong was I?

Turned 19 or so and bought a Mid wheel base petrol cruiser 4L. Thirsty. Kept that car for twelve years, it went well through that punishment. Sold it when kids were planned. Nearly bloody cried to see some young dude drive my car away. :unsure:

In the meantime my mrs used my cruiser, i had to use her old barina - lets not talk about that.

Prado, nice I guess, doesn't roar and make pedestrians jump off the road like the cruiser.

Aprillia 650. Italian. Didn't like to get wet. Liked to take rests on the side on the freeway when it wanted.

BMW 1150RTP. Noice. German. very bloody nice. I have just used up the last of my nine lives on two wheels (poo in pants story, motorcyclists have those...)

Now I want to buy another car. Always fancied toyota MR2's and now I can afford the insurance too!
But the big black Bronco beckons........

Oh yeah forgot to mention the LC Torana I picked up along the way, 35000 original miles. (Its only the four cylinder though)

First car was a HQ holden Ute, 186 with Yella Terra Heads, mild cam, electric dizzy, extractors, 350 Holley...then somebody stole it ! Never went that well though, looked like a bucket of crap and still had the 3 on the tree box.
Things then went downhill. Crappy VH Commodiore, good fuel economy but no power. Then a VL wagon and now a VS Wagon, but almost time to upgrade again.

Somewhere in between the VH and the VL was a Fully worked Dastun 180B race car running on Avgas with about 140 at the wheels, Option 1 close ratio box..went like a cut snake. Just couldn't afford to keep playing with it :(

Maybe one day I'll own another Datsun...

My first car has faded from memory - lol...

My favourite car by far was my LHD, 4WD, Ferrari red, Lancia Intergralle rally car - at the time, it was the quickest car on the road & i cried when I sold it to emigrate here.
Now drive a 5.7L HSV Senator - nice car, but no where near the fun of the Lancia.

Cheers Ross

First car: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle (still have it (unregistered))
Current car: 2006 Ford Focus hatch

Coolest car depends on you point of view. The Beetle was a cool car to drive, but it broke down alot. Though not technically my car, I used to drive a LHD '77 MGB (It was my dad's), which was very cool... except with the top up in the hot Texan sun...

First up when I was 18 I had a 1978 HZ premier. It was a 4.2L with nice fat chromies and a big exhaust. It looked and sounded good but really didn't go that well. It took me all of 5 days to crash that, but I haven;t crashed since (touch wood).

Later on i had a HSV enhanced VN Calais which was pretty nice. 5.0L was OK for its time. Would be left for dead now.

Now it a VS Berlina, dumped with mags. Pretty much stock, just looks nice.

Latest posts

Back