What Do You Drive?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some nice cars there.
Love the wrx Tony.

I have a forester turbo, that I don't have photos of, and I used to have a supercharged mini, which I loved, and still love. If it wasn't such an unreliable car id have one again in a heartbeat.

Huge amounts of fun. I can't imagine not owning a car with forced induction. I am hooked.

Sadly money gets spent on houses and kids these days rather than fun stuff like cars, and road trips.

100_0699.JPG

IMG_0971.jpg

Mmmm.

First was a Datsun Sunny 120Y (boxy 120Y, not the curvey one). Sold that to a wrecker after I - well, learned to drive in it!

Then a 74 Ford Capri - very similar to Gregor's, but a 6cyl w/ 5spd Supra box / massive Holley 600 carb. Sold that before I came to AUS and it was written off 4 weeks later. Apparently it was faster than the brakes allowed..

Then had a Kermet Green Gemini 3spd auto when I got to Oz. Unbelievably bad car.

Then a KH Laser hatch, with the S pack - had twin carbs. Good car, but rusted so bad that I could reach up into the hatch area through the wheel well!

Bought an '88 ST182 Celica after that. Did some suspension work and that thing was great. Lovely engine (3SGT-E) and one of the best handling FWD cars I've driven.

Sold that and bought a '97 NA BRG MX5. Drove that and mod'ed it quite a bit. Sold that a few years back - actually found it on the web a couple of weeks back - pics as per attached thread, posted by the new owner: http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...es&start=15

Now I have a GC WRX wagon. I like it, few mods but nothing too obnoxious!

Cheers - Mike

2000 Mitsubishi Delica. Ive converted it into a camper and can and have taken it anywhere and everywhere!

This was 2 weeks ago in Snowy River National Park, Victoria.
IMG_5369.jpg

Here's a good feature. In the back there's a slide-out fridge, that fits a 9L corny keg as well as plenty of food.

IMG_2006.jpg

Does your car have cold beer on tap? :p

I dont have a car ATM.... well I do have a restored MM1000 ute in the shed :) but that is another story

I have realised after reading this that I have not had my own car for over 10 years... havnt bought a car for about 15 years...

Always had work vehicles. :D

VE SS
VESS001.jpg

We took delivery of this in September '08, and it's only just clocked 20 000km.

RA Rodeo.
f1ee17ab.jpg

This cops most of the k's.

Back