What Do You Drive?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me all of 5 days to crash that

Bugger. I went to high school with a guy in Werribee that did the same thing. I think that was an HZ too. Or something very similar (HJ?). It could be you... what would be the odds!?! (class of 1995).

No, it wasn't me. I graduated in 2000. I'm only 25 at the moment. Must be something about a Kingswood that makes them susceptible to crashing. haha. Probly had more to do with the fact that I was driving like a maniac at the time.

Still, I fixed her up and we spent a few more years together happily beofre I sold it to some poor sucker. Man that thing leaked/burned some oil.

Still, I fixed her up and we spent a few more years together happily beofre I sold it to some poor sucker. Man that thing leaked/burned some oil.
mm, but what a car to work on! many years ago i did my first headgasket on a kingy with my mate. you could pretty much stand in the engine bay. we were sinkin beers before 2pm. :party:
Gave me a false sense of mechanical knowledge unfortunately and when my parents 96 telstar blew a headgasket a few months later i volunteered.. 15 or so hours later and it was back together, but i'll always wonder where those 3 spare bolts were from :blink:

you could pretty much stand in the engine bay.
Unlike a beetle... but with the beetle it's just as easy to pull the engine out to work on it. I went to replace the head gaskets on my '63 Beetle, when I had to replace a piston, and there wasn't any head gaskets on it....
but i'll always wonder where those 3 spare bolts were from :blink:
If you don't have bolts left over, you're not doing it right! It's when you run out, that you've got a problem. :blink:

If you don't have bolts left over, you're not doing it right! It's when you run out, that you've got a problem. :blink:
heh heh... nice :D too true. they have safety tolerances engineered in for the idiot factor, who am i to leave the envelope un-pushed!!

I hate Morry Utes that have been turned into tray backs sorry, but I cant F&^$G stand them :angry: :angry:

Bit like Hyundies with body kits.... :ph34r:

I kinda agree with the Hyudnies, any extra plastic doesn't make em go faster or look better.

First car in england: Fluro grean Talbot Sunbeam, had to sell it to pay Thatchers (Bitch) Poll Tax
First car in Australia: HQ Holden Station wagon V8. The love of my life. 13 years of pure, no fuss motoring. Sold to a feral who stripped it for the engine (arsehole)
Second car in Australia: 3 years ago, Holden VT SS V8 commodore 5.7litre. This is now the wifes car as we now have two little boys and I have to drive her honda civic with only 4 bloody cylinders!!!!
Cheers
Steve

My first car was a '72 Celica

Then (in order):
78 Datsun 200B SSS (coupe)
84(??) Datsun Stanza SSS
67 Beetle Convertible
69 Mercedes Benz 280S
91 Nissan Maxima
94 Mitsubishi Delica (L400 Starwagon meets turbo-diesel Pajero)

Coolest is a toss up between the elegance and smoothness of the Benz or the sheer gaudiness of the fat-fendered Beetle with Stan Pobjoy 1640cc with hotdog muffler (could hear her coming from 2 miles away:)).
I've had other cars come and go, some of them were even registered.

1st :1969 MAzda 1200 with Rotary engine fitted

Current: Renualt Scenic and NSU Ro80 (doubt that will mean much to anyone)

Coolest?: Either the NSU, or a Mazda RX2, with around 500HP on tap, horrendously quick, and has made most other cars I've driven, seem hoplessly slow ever since.

My first car was a silver 1984 Nissan Bluebird. It was the fastest car in the world at the time.
Did awesome doughnuts out the back of the block.
Pulled GXL's out of the bogs.
Picked up chicks (without me in it).
Had a bike rack on the back.
Blue synthetic seat covers.
Hole in the Muffler.
Awesome.

Now I just drive a 2005 Triton, its okay.

1st :1969 MAzda 1200 with Rotary engine fitted

Current: Renualt Scenic and NSU Ro80 (doubt that will mean much to anyone)

Coolest?: Either the NSU, or a Mazda RX2, with around 500HP on tap, horrendously quick, and has made most other cars I've driven, seem hoplessly slow ever since.

Wow, a NSU, twin rotary!

Actually I googled it to look smart

digging up an old thread.

I am selling my Ute and just bought this :)

WRX Premium. Leather, Electric sunroof, Satnav/DVD......... and God damn it goes :)

Love it!

Crappy pics but i will take some better ones when i get a chance.

IMG_6989_edit.JPG

IMG_6998.jpg

WRX Premium. Leather, Electric sunroof, Satnav/DVD......... and God damn it goes :)

Love it!

Fun cars, especially when its wet.

I drive a turbocharged liberty wagon...going to cry when I sell it.

Love it!

Nice Tony, but I prefer mine :)

20112010074.jpg

Very nice Tony but how are you going to pick up a fridge with it? :D

Nice Tony, but I prefer mine :)

View attachment 43291

Ralliart yes?

Sure beats my ES Sportback Lancer! :p

Wish i didnt have to sell my Magna TJ VRX but when the tranny is farqed and the cost of a replacement outweighs the price of the car itself... its time for a trade in. Thankfully the dealership didnt check under the hood. I was blessed that day! :lol:

First car - 78 UC Torana... and what a piece of junk it was! Pricely sum of $800, I spent about as much time in it getting towed than actually driving it. Sold it for $850 with a blown motor a year or so later, but the body was a lot straighter by then!

Now I mainly ride my pushbike, or the R6.

Plus I have an old Nissan Nugget 1 tonner ute that collects more dust than km's...

Edit - one day I will have a 2 door 1966 XP falcon... one day...

Learned to drive in Mum's '60 Mini.

First car was a '69 Ford Capri then moved up to a '71 3 litre GT.

That was a fun car. Now have a Fairmont.

First was a '65 Morris Minor, Brittish Racing Green, tinted windows, lowered and mags. Looked pretty cool and I only paid $300 for it, engine was in parts in the boot, but it made for a good learning experience.

Coolest, my wife had a 2000 Camaro when I first met her in the US. It was the Chevrolet dealership owners personal car till he got divorced, had the Corvette LT1 motor, 6 speed manual gearbox, very fast cool car. I quickly called it my own car :) Bummed we had to sell it.

Back