What Do You Buy A Carton Of?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aldi have a couple of good beers, for a cheap price.

Last carton I bought was imported DAB for christmas...mmmm.

Often go with Coopers sparkling ale if I have to - but that's not often, maybe once or twice a year.

seriously, $42 for 24 xxxx gold, their ripping you off. i dont blame you go the coopers.

no they didnt rip me off..... that would only happen if i bought the crap :)

Just bought a carton of this years Coopers Vintage, $69 or there abouts, Dan Murphy's North Perth.

I am led to believe the better one to get, as was pictured, is the Urquell with "imported" on the neck of the bottle. Otherwise it is brewed under licence...

As also posted above, Pilsner Urquell is only BUL in Poland where the beers are IMHO of equal quality to most Czech beers - a few pints of Brok, Kozel etc from both sides of the Tatras the other week convinced me of that :kooi:
I think Malted may be getting it confused with Stella Artois.

Edit: bought a six pack of Corona the other day, finishing off the last 2 now and it's a very pleasant lager compared to some of the recent tragic Aus brews like Coopers Clear or XXXX Summer Gold.

I think the problem with most people's perception of Corona is that they probably have never actually tried it. Recommended (and that's from a lager brewer). It's actually a very well made beer which is very hard to replicate as there's no Cascade or Crystal Malt to plaster over the cracks in poor technique :icon_cheers:

I think the problem with most people's perception of Corona is that they probably have never actually tried it. Recommended (and that's from a lager brewer). It's actually a very well made beer which is very hard to replicate as there's no Cascade or Crystal Malt to plaster over the cracks in poor technique :icon_cheers:

Also doesn't help if you don't Lagers like myself.
Went to the German Beer Hall before the mighty Tigers smashed Brisbane Lions. Had a Stone n Wood special Siasson, a Luenbreu and some other type of Weiss/Heffen or rather that the barman recommened. All 3, boring clean thin. Guess my palate is still like a 16 chasing the girl with the biggest tits.

I gotta agree with you Bribie, aint nothing wrong with Corona, I personally dont know too many people that dont enjoy it(with or without lemon/lime/salt).
Around here on a summers day at 42 in the shade it goes down a treat....have found that El Cantina-from El Salvador is actually a bit better with a little extra body and flavour. and doesnt need lemon shoved down its throat.

this may come accross the wrong way but i find corona is one of the only beers that still tastes good when its warm...

All beers can have their place i reckon. Whilst i dislike the premium price of corona it is still highly drinkable, especially on a hot summers day :chug:
The last slab i picked up was 12 longnecks of Coopers Stout during a woolies 20% off sale. Partly because I like it and partly because they add to my brew bottle collection!

60 bucks for a carton of fat yak from liquorland. If I was at Dan's/ 1C I'd go for zwyiec lager or that new English blonde I can't remember the name of. PU if not feeling too adventurous.

VB to keep my old man happy :p
offer him a home brew: "mm good, but its still no VB"

Hearing you Mikey, my brother, old man and brother-in-law are all VB heads, when they come over they will have a glass of my latest creation and talk it up but the next beer they grab is a can of VB out of their esky.........can't work it out.

Bundy Murphys always has Urquell for $48 a slab but apparently had none when 'er indoors went yesterday, so she grabbed a slab of CPA for $38 in hope that it was 'the right one', bless her..

I'm off to Hervey Bay this weekend for a dragon boat regatta. Even though we have a Dan Murphy's in Bundaberg now the one in Hervey Bay is bigger and must be better stocked.

I have checked online and they have the Oettinger in 500ml cans at $43 a carton! No mention of the 330ml bottles though. Has anybody tried the cans and noticed a taste difference? Although this is obviously about tight-arsery I'm still a beer snob and would hate to get that metallic can twang you get with cans sometimes.

Hervey Bay and even Bundy don't have a Liquorland to grab some of the Henniger from, spewin about this as I definitely would have given that a try.

Not a fan of CPA or CSA much anymore so they are out. It will probably be a nice crisp cheapy pils methinks with a 6er of something nice thrown in

Cheers again lads
H

depending on the occasion.

Fishing with the boys = xxxx gold

shoppping for beer for the work xmas party with the work credit card = LCPA, FAT YAK ,JSGA.
Naturally a few cartons get accidentlly left behind in the garage.

Lately it's been Kaiserdom(sp?) heffe from Aldi, not a bad drop & $40 a slab. Other than that Cascade Stout has made it's way into my fridge a few time this winter, & then there's the other's like CSA, Fat Yak

Latest posts

Back