What did you buy while pissed last night?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came with feathers I think, threw the boxes away.. will be interesting to compare. The Chinese ones claim to be platinum coated as well.

norman gunston.jpg

Bribie G said:
Mine came with feathers I think, threw the boxes away.. will be interesting to compare. The Chinese ones claim to be platinum coated as well.

attachicon.gif
norman gunston.jpg
I'm really sceptical of the Indian stainless razors
I was a navy cadet when I was younger and we were always told the WWII Corvette HMAS Lismore was sold to shipbreakers in India and made into razor blades...
(then again plenty of ships probably are)

The arrived, super quick (ex Sydney as it happened), surprisingly they are made in Egypt. :unsure: Probably like Spork said, except these would be made from tanks destroyed by the Israelis. They may be from ISIS and cyanide coated on the other hand.

Will try them and hopefully report.

shark blades.jpg

Making a big comeback. So are tiger nuts :p

Apart from cutthroat razors, the safety razors (three piece or the "opening" ones) were the major tool up till the 1980s. What killed them, ironically, was the introduction of stainless steel blades by the companies themselves. I remember as a kid all the men in the family used to shave with "Blue Gillette" blades that would only last a couple of shaves and had to be replaced.

Then other companies such as Wilkinson Sword brought out stainless steel blades that would last you for a week or two. Whilst great from the customer's point of view, it totally fucked the profit-flow of most shaver companies because they were shifting fewer and fewer blades. Think of it this way, in the old days razor blades were like inkjet printers and ink cartridges nowadays, where you buy once but then pay through the nose for the refills forever.

So in order to stem the losses the likes of Schick, Gillette (and of course Bic who really shook the tree with their iconic cheap yellow disposable) in order to survive they just had to invest heavily in developing disposables and the macho advertising that goes with them.

Forget about 3 piece razors that aren't profitable anymore, you men have to shave with these wonderful new products that make us billions. Not a better shave, just keep us profitable, men. Total con, that most guys fell for.

However cutthroats and 3 pieces are still the norm outside of Western countries, and with the growth of the Internet where you can access the good old stuff, as with my hundred Egyptian blades for eighteen bux, **** Schick and Gillette.

Just had a shave to try out the new blades, my face is now as smooth as the inside of Taylor Swift's thighs. :ph34r:

edit: buy one of these razors and your Mrs will love it, but remember to remove any sharp earrings that you wear.

yep, can't understand why peeps still use those throw away heap of shit razors

not only do you get a better shave with a safety razor, they are infinitely easier to clean and all the bucks you save is a great bonus

not a feather user prefer others

Wet shaving takes a good 20-30 minutes if you warm up the skin up properly, get a good lather and shave slowly
But it gives such a better shave than in the shower with one of the gillette/shick/etc multi blade razors
Admittedly if I'm in a real hurry, I'll just have a quick go over with the Aldi knockoff of the Gillette unit, but I try to make time for a proper wet shave when possible

I wonder if you can get string vests in Egypt, I remember the string underpants, looked like a bag of walnuts where the wedding tackle should have been.
When I was an apprentice one of the old toolmakers used to sharpen those blades.

stringvest-08.jpg

Bribie G said:
The arrived, super quick (ex Sydney as it happened), surprisingly they are made in Egypt. :unsure: Probably like Spork said, except these would be made from tanks destroyed by the Israelis. They may be from ISIS and cyanide coated on the other hand.

attachicon.gif
shark blades.jpg

lol wonder if NSA and other country's government departments are reading this after you mentioned Egypt, Tanks, Israelis, ISIS and cyanide :lol:

Yep, also use the old DE blades and my old grand fathers gillette razor. 60 years old and as good as the day it was bought. Nice connection to my old grand dad. Hope one of my boys will use it one day.....the bloody beards might be gone by then.

I have about 50 feather blades but find them too sharp sometimes. I like the persona red blades for a change.

Go buy an old barn door style razor on ebay for $20 and try it........less than the cost of 4 of those ridiculous 5 blade jokes, and a real shave too.

See you, Anthony

malt & barley blues said:
I wonder if you can get string vests in Egypt, I remember the string underpants, looked like a bag of walnuts where the wedding tackle should have been.
When I was an apprentice one of the old toolmakers used to sharpen those blades.

stringvest-08.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hcZ4s9cvpw

Through the holes in your string vest

Bribie G said:

attachicon.gif
shark blades.jpg
I find shark blades to be a good cheapish blade I get 2 or 3 shaves out of them but de blades are that cheap especially the russian ones is probably why i have about 4000 de blades enough too see me out and probably my grandkids.http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/91-Safety-Razor-Blades

Decided to take advantage of the Craftbrewer free shipping special at EOFY, bought a 70L stainless kettle. I'd had a lot of home brews (they go down so easy..)

Next day, forgot that I'd already bought a kettle. Bought another kettle but from Cheeky Peak Brewery this time.

Needless to say I managed to find a place for the second one when it turned up - it was just so shiny...

I didn't purchase anything while pissed last night, but I did receive this today. My missus must of been pissed for purchasing them for me :lol:

d8AeiXz.jpg

Exile said:
I didn't purchase anything while pissed last night, but I did receive this today. My missus must of been pissed for purchasing them for me :lol:
those would look behind a bar...
were they costly to get down here?

I live an hour's round trip from the nearest MegaWestfieldShoppingCityTownThing and have recently started buying things online from the same stores I can find there. Often I'm sober when doing so. To my surprise a lot of them have finally finally joined the 21st Century, have pretty good websites and in most cases free delivery over a certain value.

For example Target. When Target stores are good they are good, but over the years they, more likely, don't seem to stock anything in the sizes that most humans come in. Go to a clothes rack and everything I'm remotely interested in is small, extra small, 3xl or 4xl.
Shoes, inevitably, are 7,8,9, and 13.
You are 98 kilos, over 40 and looking for something nicely smart casual. Everything in the men's section is size XS and is a hoodie or has graffiti prints all over it or you need snake legs to fit into it.

Surprisingly Target have a really good smart section online, just bought a smart tailored blazer for the summer and when it arrived 2 days later (free delivery) it still had the store tag on it... online $69, Store $89.
Couple of Chinos and a button down shirt as well.

Big W have really lifted their game as well - I once tried to buy a bike but the site was broken. However Bunnings is dreadful. "Unavailable for delivery in your area"

4 stainless perlick flow control taps + long shanks.

Back