What did Santa bring you 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I scored pretty well. My housemates got me a home brew calendar which has a different recipe each month. A set of 4 Spieglau glasses and a big ass drinking horn.

designing great beers and a blichmann autosparge. off to the big green shed to source a stand to get my RIMS set up in the next week or so.

40kg scales
3lt erlenmyer flask
Brewing book
$140 worth of g&g vouchers.
Envelope from the folks with a grand in it.
I also got a little pissed for christmas.

A couple of brew books: one good, one not so.
In-laws arrive today so I may get something else (apart from demanding houseguests).

Update: rolled foot equals broken foot bone, half cast & an orthopaedic clinic in a few days. Medical certificate so cancelling annual leave to sick leave.

Needed that like a hole in the head but at least a "reason" to watch the cricket...

I got a nice little kettle bbq, perfect size for smoking/taking away camping, a plastic beer dispenser :unsure: and another 4 pack of SKW 99 not out (after i forced down the 4 i spontaneously bought a couple of days ago). Drank too much megaswill yesterday, feeling it today.

A 4 pack of brew dog santa paws, 4 pack of pint shaker glasses and a 2 burner BBQ
Also bought myself an Aldi smoker this morning at half price :D

toolio666 said:
A growler of two birds taco & a rolled foot. Off to emergency this morning with crutches to see what it is. Wife is really happy, with me having just started 10 days leave & 2 rugrats with no childcare or kinder.
rolled my ankle getting of the back of work truckouch! 2 torn tendens and damaged ligaments, 14 weeks later can finally work a 12 hour day without to much discomfort

We are trying to build a new shed so are having a light year. I got a set of four different spiel gelau beer glasses.

From my boys I got four different types of coffee and a pretty neat bedside clock. Pretty impressed with big kid who is 8. His idea for the coffee it was a well thought out well intentioned present.

But apart from all that I got to spend both Christmas day and boxing day with my two boys. And I get to follow that up with another 5 days until new years day. I'm as happy as pig in shit.

Pretty happy with the haul this year.

A bit of light reading and a couple of heavy drinks to go with the light reading. Happy Christmas all !

20141226_202414.jpg

A bottle opener to mount on the wall outside.
Should've got one of these years ago! :beer:

FIL brought around a couple of bottles for lunch. Game of Thrones branded Ommegang 'fire and blood' Red Ale (malty with a hint of chilli, but not easy going, labelling sells it methinks) and Renaissance Brewing Imperial IPA (mmmm much better, could had two of those)

SIL (secret Santa) gave me an extract Pilsner kit (Muntons K&k export pilsner, some Maltodextrin plus tea bag of saaz) and some new pilsner glasses.
Replace the yeast and steep some grains to see if I can keep up with the AG quality ( which everyone else happily enjoyed!)

A 5 litre Erlenmeyer flask and a digital stir plate! Can't wait to make my first starter.

Wort aeration kit and beer filtration kit, with a note from SWMBO expressing a wish that ithe latter be used religiously to reduce yeast induced flatulence.

Pretty happy although a touch annoyed (although not as much as SWMBO) that the filter kit arrived without the advertised connectors. Sure it'll be sorted once they reopen though

Could be bothered taking pics so have added links...but I scored well.

• Scored on of those mini keg chargers ( the ones with a mini regulator and uses soda cartridges) of youngest son.
  • A really nice book set from MrsGrumpy - one book is a nice read about styles around the world and a heap of general beer-y stuff, second book is a tasting book you can write tasting notes in.
  • Daughter gave me a mini remote corntolled beer cooler esky thing. Its a novelty thing really, basically a plastic bucket on wheels - but it will be fun to drive a few beers accross the room.
  • A beer chill stick of the son in laws mother.

and not beer related, but MrsGrumpy also brought me a Smartwatch which is a very cool little gadget to play with.

Pair of air Jordan's,
Canvas art,
Lonely planet Book on sth America
Couple beer glasses

And most importantly

Health and happiness and

Latest posts

Back