What Deadline Are You Avoiding....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing maths honours, and my thesis is due in about a month, and I have about 6months worth of work to put into it woohoo fun fun, oh that and prepping my car for sale, and prepping the house for sale....hmm a lot on this next month...

Quiting my job so i can start a new brew adventure. :rolleyes: ;)

can any of you IT guys help with a VB/html problem I am having at work?

basically want to cut html text boxes out of a web page, into an excel spreadsheet and extract the values in the text boxes. for example, if you typed "bullocks" into the search box of AHB, then highlighted the actual text box and cut and pasted it into excel, how would I populate a cell with that value, ie. "bollocks".

sorry about the thread hijack, it's just on my mind. and we all know at least 50% of forum users are in IT :)

(except maybe on ahb).

edit: ok, so you can't actuall highlight and copy that text box on this page, but try the google search text box. highlight that bit of the page with a left click and drag and paste it into excel. you get the text box.

Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Must arrange Sock Drawer

Warren -

You seem bored Warren? Give the sock draw a miss :super: . Come up here & paint my gutters for me :beerbang: .
Was supposed to start on July 1st but here I am still busy brewing & welding up my brewframe to say nothing of spending hours on this website finding more ways to empty my wallet. :rolleyes:

:beer:

Warren,
Is that to put socks together as mismatched pairs, so U can never be caught wearing a matching pair of socks. "I think I know U", to quote Henry Rollins.

Gough,
Are you free to tell these gentle folks about your thesis and your new job, or did I miss the moment?

Airged,
World domination. That's bit passe these days, innit? It's so 90's, and Doktor Evil

Seems that Cannabis is not the only drug thats gives one apathy and an avoidant personality. And if you're paranoid, I wasn't talking to you.

Myself? I'm only here because I've chosen this as my path to enlightenment... or at least some great beer, steadfast friends and maybe some prizes.

Testify!

Lord Beer-Seth :p

Warren,
Is that to put socks together as mismatched pairs, so U can never be caught wearing a matching pair of socks. "I think I know U", to quote Henry Rollins.

Gough,
Are you free to tell these gentle folks about your thesis and your new job, or did I miss the moment?

Short term memory loss snigger and ummm ... knowing snigger. :lol: ;)

Warren -

Sort-of retired here, have always believed that if you have nothing to do all day then it's best to make an early start. Trouble is I get up and get on here. That puts back my early start on doing nothing, so stuffs up the deadline for starting a day with nothing to do. :blink:

building a proper motorised stand for my grain mill .... finally got the electric drill setup optimised :(

Designing a resevoir earth dam and building my hotrod. might go extract for a while

Whatcha building CHRIS....
I have a '37 Ford fordor sedan nearly ready for the road...stocker..
Cheers
PJ

This place has set my plans for world domination back by months.

Cheers
Dave

Actually I'm a project manager. I don't do anything anyway.

Ditto

That is why minions exist.

Oh and renovating house since arival of first born son.

The latter is actualy getting in the way of brewing.

Derrick

That is why minions exist.

Oh and renovating house since arival of first born son.

The latter is actualy getting in the way of brewing.

Derrick

Damn right! Whats the point of having the word 'manager' in your job title if you don't have people to do all the work for you?

I'm also renovating since the arrival of our second born (needed another bedroom). Its been going on for 2 years now. Still not finished. I need minions at home as well as work.

Cheers
Dave

Sadly it would most likely be wasted on irrigation redbeard, could plumb a brewery into the pipe line though. : )
PJ, the rods another A ford, sortov a modern ratrod (ie using cheap accesible parts rather than paying top dollar for rare old parts). Chassis stage atm. Yours gotta flattie?

Cheers

Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Must arrange Sock Drawer :ph34r:

Warren -

Don't fight it Warren. They will find their own way. Some run away, some commit suicide in the washing machine water pump (I have seen them do it :) ) Some just vanish into blackholes. It is all part of the bigger plan. :)
They will respond to your attempts at sorting with more agressive action. It is not worth it brother.

Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Sock Drawer ... Must arrange Sock Drawer

Warren -

Don't fight it Warren. They will find their own way. Some run away, some commit suicide in the washing machine water pump (I have seen them do it :) ) Some just vanish into blackholes. It is all part of the bigger plan. :)
They will respond to your attempts at sorting with more agressive action. It is not worth it brother.

Man....Have'nt you blokes worked it out yet :excl:

...........Its the aliens!.................They take em as a joke.................While they re hear mutilating cattle,scaring rednecks ,and downloading the chip in the back of my neck with their psychic tracter beams(@ 3 am in the mornin )thay are pinching socks as part of a perverse game :ph34r:

Back