What Deadline Are You Avoiding....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm trying to get my last thesis chapter finished by the end of the month... and get a start on a few other essays.

Well right now I should be sleeping. It's 12:18 and the alarm is set for 0405. 0415 after one snooze. I could get away with a 0425 get up. To start at Botany at 0530.

Now 3 months after the original post I'm still drowning in uni reports.... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel this time..... after friday.... uni holidays till 19th February 2007 :D

Thats a lot of time for brewing.....

The time off is going to be spent working and building a large work bench for the garage that wraps around the corner... and a brewing area aswell.... insert fermentign fridge etc :D

Any new deadlines for everyone else???

I'm putting of studying for an exam next monday. history says I'll do very little until friday or so, work all weekend and blitz the test :p

After having deadlines for the past 4 years, I am now free of them. I handed in my chem projcet report that ive been working on for the last 6 months, no more exams... im all done. to make it better i now get paid for doing my hobby.... fingers crossed tha i will remain deadline free until my final deadline.

Directory Services consolidation and migration for 90,000 users.

The prep for this is progressing well. Full on migrations starts early 2007.
In the meantime I'm doing another consolidation of four environments down to one for 3500 users of which 1500 have to be migrated by Xmas. Pre-prod starts Friday which is why I've been quiet on AHB lately :eek:

Beers,
Doc

so far I have procrastinated on:

Building fences
Painting things
Bottling 3 fermenters
RPLing my IT certs to Managment
RPLing mt Managment certs.
Going to work after a weekend in Sydney where I lost my voice atop a Northbridge with a bottle of whisky.
Telling my wife how much I enjou her coming home drunk and randy :D
Insulting my mother in law
Taking the local chemist to task because none of the cold/flu cures have pseudoephedrine anymore. (that hurts!) :angry:

Doing my presentation for friday (3 weeks prep, have done zip)

Whew!

PS my Mother in law didn't lock the gate and killed 6 of my neighbours chooks. :(

An old topic but it is always appropriate.

At the moment:

1 x 12 000 word research dissertation

1 x High rise building report

1 x Building ecology report

Hmmm I think I really should go and do them...it is 4th year of uni I guess...

Pok

What deadline am I avoiding? I think it's the one from about a month ago.

Doing the pays for payday - buggers can wait! hahahaha

Vic Xmas in July Case swap!

My Wedding...

There is only one deadline and you cannot avoid it.

Everything else is negotiable! :icon_cheers:

The problem is that I don't really have any deadlines. I'm doing a PhD, so there's a final submission date, and the rest is grey.

I'm giving a preso tomorrow morning to 60 or so, private sector scientists and government agency planners and enviro's/engineers on a Sydney Harbour Foreshore Vegetation Mapping (GIS) project we are finalising and hoping to release in June...
my most feared thing in the world is public speaking... so i'm naturaly sh1tting myself right now.!!!!
but alas some quiet research into my next party keg setup is high on my list.. :lol: silly silly

quite appropriate that this thread should pop up today :blink:

I have spent the last 2 1/2 hours modelling in 3d a bar / bar room design for the house.

Now where is that research paper.... <_<

I have to have my team's comms sheets in by COB Friday - thats going to be a 50/50 call..... Various pointed tasks and a larger proposal to complete by COB Thursday.

Many, many deadlines bring many and varied excuses.

Cheers - Mike

The problem is that I don't really have any deadlines. I'm doing a PhD, so there's a final submission date, and the rest is grey.

Hehe. No such thing when i went thru! Mate of mine is still going strong 6 years later! I got out a tad under 5.

Deadline - was meant to write a lit review when i started 18 months ago, keep pushing it back but have been told 'FINAL' deadline is end of April. Am banking on a new job before then....... :(

3 major substation designs near or at completion, and they're biting me in the arse all at the same bloody time.
Not to mention the bloody project managers.
Plus work are apparently doing an audit on an apparent overuse of the internet in our section... B)
And there's so many drawings on my desk it looks like I've cut down a forest.

Thank f### I've got a few longnecks in the fridge at home.
Now back to work.

Not to mention the bloody project managers.

The Necessary Evil without whom we would all get our work done so much quicker and easier (well, myself excepted, of course)... :icon_cheers:

Back