What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool video from Dwarves guitarist Hewhocannotbenamed about something that most of us here enjoy:

Probably NSFW, or not safe for people who are offended by 50 year old masked men in leather jock straps. Good song though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spock's beard - x

Been listening to this album quiiite over the last couple of months. Very rush/yes-esque.

Great album. Such good old 90's skate punk stylin'

I've just heard a few songs off an album called X by Spock's Beard.

Quite an impressive prog rock band which definitely gets a lot of their inspiration from bands like rush and yes.

Spock's beard - x

Been listening to this album quiiite over the last couple of months. Very rush/yes-esque.

We know. :lol:

Well then... I hadn't realised I had already bored you all with my current listenings ^_^

Off to go listen to them for another couple of months and remind you how they sound like rush and yes.

Well then... I hadn't realised I had already bored you all with my current listenings ^_^

Off to go listen to them for another couple of months and remind you how they sound like rush and yes.
Lol, only remembered because I went and "aquired" a copy to see if it were to my tastes. Turns out it wasn't...

I can't knock though, I haven't had anything other than BTBAM on rotation since I first heard them. Brilliant prog/metal/polka/disco/death/acoustic maestrom :super:

I need to also 'aquire' a couple of the BTBAM as a few of my mates have said they should be to my likings.

Granted, spocks beard is a little more pop-prog than a lot of the other prog bands I listen to, but still find them quite a good listen, purely for their musicianship.

I'm always impressed by pick-less guitarists, and decent drummer/singers.

I need to also 'aquire' a couple of the BTBAM as a few of my mates have said they should be to my likings.
Start with Colors, and work forward from there. Essentially one 68 minute long song of awesomeness, interspersed with random genre-shift.

Hot diggety, think I'm gonna go put it on while I cook dinner.

Edit: If you prefer your prog with a side-dish o metal, rather than t' other way round, start with Parallax II, and work backwards.

System of a Down, Toxicity.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but dug it out of the files the other day.

Man, Tinariwen are a pretty great band - it's like I've forgotten and get reminded every time I listen to them again (even though I rarely go more than a couple weeks without hearing any).

Latest posts

Back