What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about to put on the new Parkway Drive album Atlas...have heard good and bad things about it...I guess I will see soon enough
Shit album. Shit band too but the album is particularly bad.

I listened to it yesterday and wrote a running review for SWMBO because she's a fan.

Intro track has acoustic guitar, violins, and spoken word.

First song is the same ol boring parkway with a here comes the crazy bit.

Second song is less like parkyway more like dodgy metal. One of the guitar parts is the same as this cheesy keyboard riff in an old soilwork song. Haha.

Third song has some group singing at the start. (not yelling, singing). It appears later on in lead up to (and during the) here comes the crazy bit.

Fourth song has a riff at the start which reminds me of a down tuned version of the intro to Van Halens Aint Talkin Bout Love. Then it has a heap of beat downs one after the other.

Fifth song is a bit dreary and features clean female vocals and a guitar riff which could be played with only one hand which also has no fingers.

Sixth song is a bit more lively. Here comes the crazy bit.

Seventh song is medium pace hard rock / metal with a break down.

Eighth song starts with an electronic drum and acoustic classical gas sounding guitar, which continues for a minute or two, where it is taken over by a string quartet. Then more acoustic guitar, this time accompanied by the strings. This is like a brain damaged version of neon ballroom, with screaming.

Ninth song is normal parkway just a bit slower, which makes me wonder how many of their songs feature this exact same riff.

The tenth song is quicker and has a kind of blast beat, and the same riff as all their other songs. It doesnt have a breakdown though, which is great.

End of album.

Shit album. Shit band too but the album is particularly bad.

I listened to it yesterday and wrote a running review for SWMBO because she's a fan.

:lol: MADE MY DAY!!!! I actually went back to each song and read your "reviews" :lol: spot on...

This is like a brain damaged version of neon ballroom, with screaming....pure awesomeness hahahahaha

I will admit I'm not a huge fan of them, I don't mind them but I agree, its a pretty average album and can see why it's gotten so many "meh" and "It's sh*t" reviews

Indian - the unquiet sky.
UFOMAMMUT - oroborus: opus alter

Some older and newer tasty grooves.

well after many a heavy cd, yes some people still them, I'm listening to Flogging Molly to finish off brewing

New Pig Destroyer.

Why the **** am I listening to metal lately?

Depends how you define "good".

It doesn't seem all that different, if that answers your question.

Depends how you define "good".

It doesn't seem all that different, if that answers your question.

So, it's not a radical departure from the existing Pig Destroyer canon then? :lol:

Yeah. Still sounds like the drummer is in a different band.

Or at least a different song.

What do they do with all the pigs they've destroyed?

Is there a Bacon related album?

'Hi, I'm really tough. Look out!'.

'Why'?

'I'm in a metal band called P!G DESTROYA'

What do you do?

'We OBLITERATE pigs. TOTAL ANNIHILATION!! **** YEAH!!111!!

.....................Then we cure the remains and make proscuitto which we age for around 24 months. It's nice. Try some.'

I see how it is. Making inflammatory remarks towards Scandinavians all is a-okay but you obliterate one example of the porcine genus and your name is mud!

RX Bandits.

Nothing too exciting, but a nice little mix of punk, reggae/ska and some slightly alternate/proggy sections.

Pretty nice mix and havent listened to them for a while so good to bring back some memories.

Dragged out (off the server) Midnight Oil - Place without a postcard..... always preferred the more raw oils.

Cathedral - The Ethereal Mirror, a hugely underrated album. People climb over each other to swear and vow that they were there when Sleep brought out Holy Mountain and Dopesmoker, and yea, I was/am a massive Sabbs fan and was into all the paraphernalia at the time, but for me nothing could beat this album...tone, riffs, vibe, and the fact it was unashamedly British Metal.

If this was facebook I'd put up with days of bullshit for daring to say something less than fawning about Matt Pike. Save it, not interested.

Saw shellac play a week ago. I forgot how good they are and have been listening to alot of them this week including now.

Back