What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last few weeks I have been listening to old J-Live. I know he has always been a super solid NYC head, but one day I was listening to Beat Junkies vol.1 where Babu has two copies of Braggin Writes, and I just had to listen to it over and over and over. Textbook hip hop.

Tonight I have been listening to Mobb Deep - The Infamous... makes me want to start scheming to get green (can Aussie's rap about scheming to get blue swimmers, lobsters and bananas?) more than brewing beer, but I guess life is all about balance.

Saw the Big Four Live at the cinema last night. Filmed in Sofia, Bulgaria a few weeks ago.

Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica.

Towards the end of the Metallica set all the members of Anthrax and Megadeth (yes, Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield on the same stage) plus the drummer from Slayer (not sure why the rest of Slayer didnt join them) joined Metallica on stage to belt out Diamond Head's 'Am i evil'.

All that for the paltry sum of $25. 4 hours of metal mayhem. :super:

Am I jelous, yes, I am

Hey I was there too on saturday night Dr Smurto supprised we didn't cross paths at the bar, was a pretty good show, fave bit would have been when Anthrax did the Dio tribute heaven and hell.
We were right up the front which was pretty shit seats and there was no stereo image just a rather average mono sound, still was a good night out.

Was in the middle and had mates with aisle seats who did the right thing and fetched me beer. I think being further back the sound was better although megadeth sounded like the treble was way too high. I've been watching a few DVDs on Metallica on the Death Magnetic tour from early this year and very happy to see them playing a lot of the old stuff and plenty of the NWOBHM covers (Diamond Head, Budgie etc)

Am I jelous, yes, I am

Plenty of songs from the concert on youtube. :super:

Battles - Mirrored
It's like Sigur Ros getting f##ked by The Mars Volta.

Is anyone else watching Rage? I really could live without knowing what Z Trip liked in primary school. This is horrendous shit.

Saw a bit - reminded me of why I don't often watch Rage.

Listening to - Yen Pox: New Dark Age

The Lazy Susans - Shangri-La

First spin in years. Underrated as ****. Absolutely brilliant pop record.

Rain on the tin verandah roof. Almost forgot what it sounded like.

Rain on the tin verandah roof. Almost forgot what it sounded like.

True. It was hammering it down earlier. And we were almost at the point of having to pay for water!!!

But now it's stopped I can hear a couple of recent purchases:

Soil & 'Pimps' Session - 6 (high energy Japanese jazz)

Half Seas Over - Half Seas Over (Elan Mehler and Adam McBride-Smith in damn good down tempo ... erm ... jazz :ph34r: )

This weeks playlist
Lou Reed -Coney Island Baby
Tom Waits- Raindogs
REM -Fables of the Reconstruction 25th Aniversary Version
Pixies- Come on Pilgrim
Dr Octagon- Octagonecologyst
Bonobo- Black Sands

bloody good find! love ninja tunes...do you have to register to DL that mix?

yep ... but then you get told when new dls are available, so not a bad thing. Also checkout Scruff's Soundcloud account - he has some superb epic live sessions.

Takes me back to lyrics and samples I thought i'd never forget "Somebody stole my piece of chicken" :lol:

The Drones - Wait Long By the River and the Bodies Of Your Enemies Will Float By

Sweet baby James - James Taylor.

Sadly, Brokeback Mountain has forever tainted any song that mentions 'cowboys' just a little for me.

So I cleaned my ears out with Electric Wizards 'Dopethrone'.

Back