What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new R.E.M. cd Accelerate - a welcome return to form.

Kev

Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
The Presets - Apocalypso

hanging to buy the new Cog album, but need every penny this week for the AHB pub crawl.
Just bought Cog - Sharing Spaces cd yesterday.

F**king awesome. :super:

I'm off to see Helmet tomorrow night, f%*#ing stoked. Well, it's kind of Helmet, it's Page Hamilton and three other guys but the thing I'm waiting the most for is they are going to play the entire Meantime album. Anyone who knows this band would definately know Meantime and what a breakthrough it was for them all those years ago. It's by far my favourite Helmet album and would be right up there in the mix of my all time favourites.

Yep.....I'm keen

Flippo - Helmet !! I'm jealous !!

Saw them at the big day out many years ago just after meantime came out. Definitely one of the performances that have stuck in the memory over the years. Must dig it out for a listen. I actually played Betty the other day but it certainly didn't live up to meantime.

SLF's "Inflammable Material" is on high rotation - getting ready for Friday night. Can't wait.

Anyone else going to the Sydney gig ?

Listening to the new Primal Fear album, New Religion.

As Russell Coight would say... it's top stuff.

_AllCDCovers__primal_fear_new_religion_2007_retail_cd_front.jpg

Paul's Boutique - Beastie Boys. It must be one the top 10 albums ever.

Paul's Boutique - Beastie Boys. It must be one the top 10 albums ever.

yeah - definitely up there. some great hip hop coming out back then. Fear of a Black Planet, Black Sunday, hypocrisy is the greatest luxury - all about the same time. I always liked the funky instrumentals on Pauls Boutique and then the later albums so bought "The In Sound From Way Out" last year. If you feel like something mellow its great stuff. Gets a spin a couple of times a month in the car.

yeah - definitely up there. some great hip hop coming out back then. Fear of a Black Planet, Black Sunday, hypocrisy is the greatest luxury - all about the same time. I always liked the funky instrumentals on Pauls Boutique and then the later albums so bought "The In Sound From Way Out" last year. If you feel like something mellow its great stuff. Gets a spin a couple of times a month in the car.
I must hunt down my copy of the in sound this arvo. Definitely very cool.

Just got home from the Sydney Stiff Little Fingers gig. What an insane show. It was absolutely amazing. If your in Melbourne and into SLF then don't miss the show tonight. They were super tight, played all the favs, did two encores and the last one was a great rendition of alternative ulster. Punk is alive and well !!!!!!!!!

:super: :super: :super:

I did a little searching on Channel BT for some old music that I used to listen to in my teens/twenties. Came across a 60's classic hippy band, The Fugs. I just love the musical skill, poetry, philosophy and humour in their album "It crawled into my hand, honest". Well worth the 50megs if you haven't heard it.

depeche mode - greastes hits 2006
rise against - all albums on cycle

I caught a Stryper Bible thrown at one of their shows 22 years ago :lol: .
Score! :lol:

I remember blasting "To Hell with the Devil" on the way to church camp in one of the youth group leaders car stereo's, being yelled at to turn it down, and everyone else was looking at me thinking, WTF???

when i was a younger person i also seen em live still dont mind there music

listening to labyrinth album freeman

andre rieu

Bwahahahahaha............ :lol:

Somehow I don't picture Jaz listening to a violinist, I could be wrong though. Maybe his 'skeleton in his closet' :blink:

Pantera's 'Reinventing the Steel' here :super:

Back