What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen or heard the wiggles cover album?

keen to get it so i can atleast be semi sane in the car...

Actively pursuing a wiggles cover album (whether that's the wiggles doing covers or other bands covering the wiggles) as a means to retain sanity suggests that is a battle you have already lost.

its a groups of bands covering the wiggles.

Looking forward to listening to frenzal rhomb doing captains magic buttons

If it were Megadeth playing hot potato I'd be in on that. Or Pantera doing a rendition of fruit salad. Wait I think I'm on to something here...

Edit: Actually, I'd like to see the Wiggles cover suicide note #2

Head Injuries - Midnight Oil.

Ahhh, it takes me back.

Takes you back to when Peter Garrett wasn't a ******* muppet? The type of muppet he used to write songs about?

Yeah I remember that. Head injuries was a fine, fine album. One of their best and a good aussie garage rock album.

I know too many people called Jarrod....and I don't fully trust any of them.

Didn't Hirst write most of it?
Hirst and Jim Mogine, iirc?

Yeah, I dunno how you do a 180 degree spin on your moral compass?

In an ideal world history, Midnight Oil split up in '91 and retire incommunicado to Barbados, leaving the perfect pub rock legacy.

Didn't Hirst write most of it?

I'd have to go back though all my old tapes but my memory is that hirst, moginie and garrett were all instrumental in the lyrical content. Prior to Garrett joining, they were a 70s rock cover band as far as I know.

Whichever way it goes, Garrett's political face prior to joining the labour party was vastly different - his ACF presidency, his NDP candidacy, his book and the multiple interviews as well as fronting a heavily political band (notwithstanding which lyrics he wrote, he happily performed them) make it reasonable for old time fans to express disappointment in what he has become.

Funny thing about this thread (and any similar thing that triggers the memories) - I just ordered the first three albums of midnight Oil purely from reading what WB wrote. The first band I ever followed, collected madly everything they ever released etc was Midnight Oil when I was in about grade 5. I have all their tapes up to and including Blue Sky Mining (nothing after that) but no vinyl. Rectifying that. Still think Garrett fucked up somewhere along the line. Good intentions maybe, but he looks like an eejit nowadays. A line toeing, party loving, ineffective eejit.

Good music is good music though.

I'd have to go back though all my old tapes but my memory is that hirst, moginie and garrett were all instrumental in the lyrical content. Prior to Garrett joining, they were a 70s rock cover band as far as I know.

Whichever way it goes, Garrett's political face prior to joining the labour party was vastly different - his ACF presidency, his NDP candidacy, his book and the multiple interviews as well as fronting a heavily political band (notwithstanding which lyrics he wrote, he happily performed them) make it reasonable for old time fans to express disappointment in what he has become.

He's my local Federal member. I'd vote for Ivan Milat if he ran before I'd vote for this c&$#

Funny thing about this thread (and any similar thing that triggers the memories) - I just ordered the first three albums of midnight Oil purely from reading what WB wrote. The first band I ever followed, collected madly everything they ever released etc was Midnight Oil when I was in about grade 5. I have all their tapes up to and including Blue Sky Mining (nothing after that) but no vinyl. Rectifying that. Still think Garrett fucked up somewhere along the line. Good intentions maybe, but he looks like an eejit nowadays. A line toeing, party loving, ineffective eejit..
Kinda like a reverse Faustian pact:

Devil: "You sell me your soul, and in return I'll make your music suck, and everybody dislike you"
Pete: "Uggh, okay, I'm sure there's a hitch in there, but okay."

Music's still good - now listening to Koala Sprint.

Yes to the rest of the devil scnario though.

Pogues: Danny Boy.

**** I love music. Possibly more than I love beer.

They do go remarkably well together though.

Latest posts

Back