Wedding Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
Okay, you're a guest at a wedding, and beggar's can't be choosers.
You're going to drink what's on offer, right? So what's the best you've encountered?

Just went to a wedding on saturday up the coast.
Waiting at the bar I was reluctantly choosing between New or VB, but probably steering towards the Shiraz, when I saw Tooheys Old. My day was set, and I was a happy camper. :D

Other than that, my sister in law's wedding last year had Murrays & Crackenback in the fridge. And I was Driving! :(
At least those 2-3 beers were slowly enjoyed. :beer:

No so much a wedding, My partners work xmas party was stocked full of matilda bay, 'premium imports' (CUB distribution lines) also french champagne. Food and wine Marketing... makes me wish i thaught twice about my career direction back in high school.

My wedding was stocked with 7 different brews on tap....a little over 200 litres i brewed.
i had them on a rotation as there was only 4 taps available..
everyone was stinging for the 10pm arrival of a corny of 8.2% doppelweizen. was definately the hit of the wedding.
Besides my wife of course. ;)

Other than that, a wedding down in Vic near Healesville (sp.?) revealed some microbrew, a few different 'Holgates' from memory.. a lager, english bitter and a raspberry wit..? (do Holgates make those beers..?) was good anyways, as most guests stuck to the crown lager... :rolleyes:

Okay, you're a guest at a wedding, and beggar's can't be choosers.
You're going to drink what's on offer, right? So what's the best you've encountered?

A few years back now I went to a very affluent mates wedding at a posh function centre. Had high hopes of magnificent beer ^_^
Arrived to find the only available beers were Crown Lager & Carlton Draught - both in stubbies.
Whats a bloke to do? "Crown Lager thanks mate" - "That'll be $5 thanks"
WTF??? :angry: Would have been glad to be a begger at that stage...

I was fortunate enough to be able to organise LCPA at my wedding a year and a bit ago. Went down a treat.

I think the best i ever had at a wedding was Heiniken (shudder, bloody bogan relitives).

I think just about all the weddings I've been to have all had Coopers on tap or in bottles. Call Adelaide a hole if you like, I don't care :)

I think the best i ever had at a wedding was Heiniken (shudder, bloody bogan relitives).

When the bride is walking around with a beer in a stainless steel stubby holder engraved "BRIDE", you know you're at a bogan wedding.
Twas a great time though.

I'm happy enough to drink New/VB, etc, at a wedding if its for free. :D
I'll generally put on my wine drinking hat if the beer selection is a bit poor. And if the wine selection is a bit poor...then i'm stuffed!

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=22237&hl=

Got married one week ago at a winery. Wanted to brew 300+ litres for it but they wouldnt let me serve it.

Brought Slabs for the wedding table only - Pilsner Urquell and Mountain Goat Pale Ales.

All the other guests got stouched with VB. should of seen the looks i was getting hahahahaha.

The winery owner jst opened a new brewery in Coldstream, Vic and he shouted us some of the freshest pale ale i've ever drunk. Had a ball.

I think just about all the weddings I've been to have all had Coopers on tap or in bottles. Call Adelaide a hole if you like, I don't care :)

When Coopers is your local megaswill.... Youre in a good spot :beer:

Got my wedding in August this year in Port Douglas.

Working on trying to get the Monteith's Lager as the main staple with a few Belgian imports

Monteith's Lager

My wedding last year;

New, XXXX Bitter and Gold for the relatives.

Coopers Pale and Trumer Pils for the groomsmen and I - and some of the bridesmaids.

Excellent.

Kev

Just slightly off topic for a mo if I may, but has anyone else noticed at weddings when blokes get a bit of grog into them they seem compelled to try and root the bridesmaids? :huh:
It`s rather odd, and I must say I`ve been witness to it on several occasions.

stagga.

Yeah and I've never seen a drunken bridesmaid looking for some action either.

Love is in the air.

At mine last December,

Mountain Goat Hightail, Holgate ESB , Cooper Pale Ale, and Homebrewed Wit.

No complaints

I got married a couple of years ago and had the reception upstairs at The Lord Nelson in the Rocks. From memory we had their Three Sheets and Victory Bitter on tap for the guests.

Yummo!

my wedding is in October,

Crownies and Hahn Premium for the guests (What the reception places serves)

Still undecided on what the Bridal table will have - to many choices. Probably Mountain Goat Bright, LCPA and something else - plus spirits

Just slightly off topic for a mo if I may, but has anyone else noticed at weddings when blokes get a bit of grog into them they seem compelled to try and root the bridesmaids? :huh:
It`s rather odd, and I must say I`ve been witness to it on several occasions.

stagga.

OT alert, its not just the groomsmen.
My parents attended a wedding say 20 years ago, where they must have been serving some special champagne!! After dinner and dancing no-one could find the bride for the throwing of the bouquet etc
She was found after ten minutes of searching by her husband of just 4 hours..
In the bridal suite.. giving the bestman a very personal and enjoyable tour..!!!
Worlds shortest marriage???

Latest posts

Back