• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reegs210 said:
How'd this turn out for you? Thinking of getting one myself

I have done one batch with it and it went very well, didn't take too long to get to mash temp and boil. Well worth the money imo

Mick Gramoit said:
I have done one batch with it and it went very well, didn't take too long to get to mash temp and boil. Well worth the money imo
Cool. Now I have to decide which I want more: This urn or herm-it coil kit from gryphon

Decisions, decisions....

reegs210 said:
How'd this turn out for you? Thinking of getting one myself
Just to add a bit more info on this. Thanks to this urn being posted here I also grabbed one a couple of weeks ago in store (Mel), along with a colander for draining the bag after mash.
After a trial run with water, I have used it for one brew. The urn has a heat indicator light that is supposed to be on until it hits temp and turns the element off - then the light goes off. Well mine doesn't come on or go off. Ever. I spoke to the store and they assured me it's not a known problem or indicator of any other issue. It does have a 12 month warranty and they offered to replace it.
Also, they say if the thermostat is "set to or close to 100 then the appliance will constantly heat the water". I had to set the thermostat up at 110 for it to constantly heat.
At the end of the day, it did the job. Rolling boil with lid off.
As I said, only one real run with it yet but for the money it's been a good buy so far.

Jamo said:
Just to add a bit more info on this. Thanks to this urn being posted here I also grabbed one a couple of weeks ago in store (Mel), along with a colander for draining the bag after mash.
After a trial run with water, I have used it for one brew. The urn has a heat indicator light that is supposed to be on until it hits temp and turns the element off - then the light goes off. Well mine doesn't come on or go off. Ever. I spoke to the store and they assured me it's not a known problem or indicator of any other issue. It does have a 12 month warranty and they offered to replace it.
Also, they say if the thermostat is "set to or close to 100 then the appliance will constantly heat the water". I had to set the thermostat up at 110 for it to constantly heat.
At the end of the day, it did the job. Rolling boil with lid off.
As I said, only one real run with it yet but for the money it's been a good buy so far.
Did my second Brew with this today, And had some problems. Mash went well and the first half of the boil was fine until it suddenly just stopped working. Will have to look at getting it replaced.
Luckily I have a 4 ring burner and Keggle as well so I was still able to finish the boil without too much delay.

Mick Gramoit said:
Did my second Brew with this today, And had some problems. Mash went well and the first half of the boil was fine until it suddenly just stopped working. Will have to look at getting it replaced.
Luckily I have a 4 ring burner and Keggle as well so I was still able to finish the boil without too much delay.
Price is right, however, I remain skeptical of the make and model especially when I hear things like this. I think I'll hold off on this for now

Cheers for all your reviews and feedback fellas

BCF have 25% off camping gear for club members at the moment. It's free to become a member if you're not already.

Crab Cooker 37.8L

Megajet Burner

Add a BIAB bag and ball valve (or siphon) and you've got a BIAB setup for a tick over $200. I use the same pot but I installed a 2200W element instead of going with gas burner.

I've got the same pot, looking to put an element in it... I know there's hundreds of examples out there, but do you have any photos of yours? Which element did you use? Is 2200w sufficient?

It's a beauty, not that the steam collector is worth 2 bob, but 4 kegs, two 40l demi's etc.

Yeah already contacted em and dibbed it.. mainly after the accessories :).. Saw it last week... Will pick up soon hopefully

Grainer said:

Sorry mate, was answering the good steam collector i'd buy it comment. You picked up some great gear.

punkin said:
You know who to talk to if you want the best CM2.
yeah well I thinking I could buy it and sell it off piece by piece and make some $ to com3 see you punkin. Im still drooling everytime I visit the website.

Latest posts

Back