• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted To Buy: Milk Crates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good ole council twice yearly junk collection day is always a good place to score em!!!!!

+1 People always put them for council collection and because they are not allowed to collect them they usually remain on the street.

So if you take them away you're doing a community service :lol:

Possession of milk crates is illegal. Don't be surprised if this thread gets locked.

FFS! So everyone that has old crown seals that state on the bottom ring "Remains the property of Blah Blah" is a theif and could be prosecuted. Just about every tradie in QLD could be prosecuted for using an old milk crate as a toolbox,sawstool/ladder and storage. What anannie state.

Don't be such a drama queen, there are enough other threads going on already for that. I was merely pointing out that this the thread could be locked due to the nature of the question. Personally, I have no such qualms about people possessing milk crates. :rolleyes:

Sorry but I was reacting to you being a Nanna.

Brad , go **** yourself. They're not my laws, and I don't personally abide by them.

Brad , go **** yourself. They're not my laws, and I don't personally abide by them.

Get off ya soapbox and try standing on a milk crate Silo Nanna. No need to get abusive unless of course you'd rather do it face to face instead of from a keyboard.

Don't let fear stop ya big fella ;)

A better idea: if you go to the city at all, call decent beer stores like Slowbeer, Purvis or even Grain & Grape - they may have leftover plastic beer crates (which some imported beer arrives in) which they most certainly would want to get rid of. They have the added advantage of dividers which hold your beer upright (or bottles upside down for draining sanitiser before bottling). The 500ml/750ml crates are my faves.

Agree with the comments about council/hard rubbish days. Tons of them pop up everywhere. Not all crates are from Dairies either. Some are from old softdrink companies like slades, some used to hold oil bottles. They can all work for holding tallies nicely.

Simply check out your local council or neighbouring council websites, figure out when the next lot of junk piles will be stacking up on nature strips and 'Go shopping'! :icon_chickcheers:

Also another thought - I'm sure the likes of Ikea, Crazy Clints, Reject Shop and mobs like that might also have plastic storage boxes that would work well also.

Hopper.

You can find them on Ebay for a very reasonable price if you want, God forbid, to go legal. They are blanks Ie have nothing printed on them where you usually get the warning stamp. One crates of our group bought 24 of them for $25. He forgot his car was a hatch back and couldn't get them all home and I 'inherited' a bunch of them. They are great......and legal!

Unlike milk ones, they have all sides. The milk ones have a side missing, but this is good when you just want to grab one bottle from a stack of crates. With mine however, I stick the ones which I want to 'forget' or age on the bottom of the stack and cannot be bothered moving 4 or 5 other full crates full of beers to get to them. It is almost like a forced diet.

Latest posts

Back