• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted To Buy: Milk Crates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timryan

Reaction score
Hey guys i would really love to get my hands on some milk crates to store my beer... I have found that they work they best and really easy to transport around...Let me know if anyone has any and wanting to get rid of them with out with bottles haha... Cheers Tim...

Possession of milk crates is illegal. Don't be surprised if this thread gets locked.

Possession of milk crates is illegal. Don't be surprised if this thread gets locked.

Was going to say the same thing, they are awesome but they would cost a bit to make hence the above :angry:

Milk crates are usually branded with something like "Property of Parmalat" with something about returning if found and all that.

same here...

where in the law dose it say that it is illegal, apart from the obvious of steeling them from the Milky

usually written on the side, something along the lines of 'crate always remains the property of....'

The big green shed has crate-sized boxes...

edit - argon beat me to it!

same here...

where in the law dose it say that it is illegal, apart from the obvious of steeling them from the Milky

Maybe the only way you can get them is to steal them from a Milk supplier hence the illegality.

Every weekend there are people selling homebrew bottles in crates at garage sales. I recently scored 10 of those great soda bottle cartons for $3, including a capper. If you go for a drive on the weekend you should be able to find something.

Maybe the only way you can get them is to steal them from a Milk supplier hence the illegality.

+1

don't get me wrong I would love some but you need to consider the above, if some would be criminal broke into my house for "hobbie" purposes not sure if it would be forgive and forget.

The big green shed has crate-sized boxes...

I have some of those crates from when I was an avid album collector. They are a touch bigger than milk crates, and you can beautifully fit 16 longies into them, or 20 x 500ml euro bottles. Actually wanting a few more, but my local Bunnings doesnt seem to have them.

If you go for a drive on the weekend you should be able to find something.

The back alley behind local shops, milk bars, bakeries and the like are where the milk delivery people often pick up the empties from. ;)
But dudes, you can't openly and publicly ask for them on a forum that is particularly fussy about member's adherence to the law !

they give them out for free out the back of coles and woolworths...

This is from the one at work...

edit: Apologies for the size :-/

2011_03_15_18_43_22.JPG

The good ole council twice yearly junk collection day is always a good place to score em!!!!!

try the reject shop,i have a few storage container's hold 2dozen stubbies,or asked the local for empty boxes

FFS! So everyone that has old crown seals that state on the bottom ring "Remains the property of Blah Blah" is a theif and could be prosecuted. Just about every tradie in QLD could be prosecuted for using an old milk crate as a toolbox,sawstool/ladder and storage. What anannie state.

FFS! So everyone that has old crown seals that state on the bottom ring "Remains the property of Blah Blah" is a theif and could be prosecuted. Just about every tradie in QLD could be prosecuted for using an old milk crate as a toolbox,sawstool/ladder and storage. What anannie state.

Don't be such a drama queen, there are enough other threads going on already for that. I was merely pointing out that this the thread could be locked due to the nature of the question. Personally, I have no such qualms about people possessing milk crates. :rolleyes:

Yeah its illegal to steal milk crates, who would of thought?

You can actually buy your own though, same as the ones you steal.

I looked around online a while back but the min order was 25 - 30 units, so not of interest to me.

Latest posts

Back