Wanted: Single Tap Fridge Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunjones

Reaction score
Hi All

I am sick of bottling and would like to invest in a fridge attatchment kit. A single tap set up will be fine including everything, such as tap, gas, regulator, lines, kegs(not essential)

I am located in W.A and am looking to spend around $400-$500 brand new if anyone knows any shops or internet sites that can offer this, or if you have a set up you want to sell send me a offer.

***I have been looking at a US website and am not sure if this kit is ok if anyone can tell me? http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?produc...=423&page=1

Cheers

Hi Shaun
just click on CraftBrewer and have a look if you get stuck look for there phone number and have a chat to Ross he's very helpfull , he will help you out , he has me when I've had any queries :icon_cheers:
Cheers Phil

If you buy it all separately and do it your self you will probably end up in front. Depends what you want to do / how you want it to look.

Only advise I can offer from a Perth perspective as I have just been through all of this is;

1) Good, cheap chest freezers in Perth are few & far between. It may take a while to get a decent one if you want to go this way.

2) You can get a serviced fire extinguisher from John @ Eversafe for $150 (maybe more or less now).

3) Craftbrewers 4 keg deal is better than anything you will get over here.

4) The kegerators on ebay look cheap but aren't when you consider the postage to Perth..

If I can help with anything else let me know.

Cheers, Mat.

Thanks for the info. So are fire extinguishes ok to use? where do you get the adapter for it?

I just bought this kegerator off ebay it was $529 posted with everything except co2 and kegs http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Single-Tap-Beer-Keg...=item4aa58cdb75

Where can I get some cheap kegs? or is the cheapest option to buy them from craftbreawers 4 kegs with free delivery going to be the best option, even though I only need 3 kegs per pour at u-brew (i think)

Cheers
Shaunn

Craftbrewer would be best option otherwise Brewz 2 U in Yangebup have 3 for $185 at the mo.

You can use an extinguisher no probs John will get it tested and remove the dip tube. The regulator should screw straight on. My BOC one does.

U brew it is 50L. Kegs are 19L so 2.5 kegs. Otherwise just use a 50L from U brew it if you aren't brewing your own.

Cheers, Mat

Thanks for that mate, I think the 3 for $185 would be the way to go. Unless you no what the 50 litre kegs are worth? Also can you get u-brew to refill the 50 litre ones?

Did anyone happen to take a look at the kegerator I bought? any feedback

thanks

I think the u brew it kegs are exchange so they fill it for you.

Don't know about getting one legally or how to clean it. Kegerator should be ok as long as you are happy having only 1 beer on tap. Make sure you pick a good sessional beer.

Yeah I am only new to the brewing scene so one beer on tap will be perfect. Might have to give u-brew a ring tomorrow and price up some kegs. I would hope to get a 50 litre one.

Also who is john??

John is from Eversafe fire in Maddington.

Silly question but here goes
What do you need the fire extinguisher for? Cannister for CO2?
Sorry I am not into kegging yet but the mrs is seriously thinking of getting a keg set-up w/o the fridge for my xmas gift as I kept drying out like 200 bottles in the laundry area

Silly question but here goes
What do you need the fire extinguisher for? Cannister for CO2?
Sorry I am not into kegging yet but the mrs is seriously thinking of getting a keg set-up w/o the fridge for my xmas gift as I kept drying out like 200 bottles in the laundry area

Some keggers use CO2 fire extinguishers for their CO2 bottle. I think you need to invert the bottle for your first go, and before you get it refilled there is a tube you should get removed and from then on you can use the bottle the correct way up.

If your Mrs is looking to buy other presents, I'd like a kegging system too please.

So can you use a old fire extinguisher that you have laying around??

Definitely not!! Must be CO2 and have the diptube removed so you can use it upright.

Dont risk it buy one that has been tested & modified. If you do have an old CO2 cylinder get it tested & modified straight up.

try harvey norman etc for scratch and dents fridges,
i picked up a 420 ltr 2 dr fridge for 400 bucks, it had fallen over and creased the top on one side.
i looked for second hand ones but most need new seals wich can cost aroud 150 bucks to fix.
kegerators are great but i need room for the wifes drinks as well and didn't want to run 2 bar fridges

Latest posts

Back