Wanted - Flat Screen Tv Box...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well I'm moving back to the hunter from Adelaide at xmas time and need to get my hands on a box/packaging to transport my plasma screen in. If anyone has recently bought a new tv or have and the Styrofoam inserts stuck out in the shed or ready to be chuck out then let me know..

Cheers, Pok

Mate unless it's a top of the range model I'd consider just repurchasing. I recently bought a 42 inch full high definition LCD for less than $900, fabulous unit - with plasmas a fair bit cheaper than that. They can be a bitch to transport as you would realise.

Ring a removal company, im moving next week and they can supply a box no worries

Kleiny

I'd consider just repurchasing.

Trying to NOT spend money BribieG

Ring a removal company, im moving next week and they can supply a box no worries
Kleiny

The buggers want $130 for the box...craziness.

I only paid $1k for the tv about 3 years ago if not longer deffinatly not worth spending $130 on a box. I will just ring around the stores etc and see if I can scrounge one up if I cant get one of someone else.

Pok

Just moved myself better without the box put in between 2 matress or something.
sav

Remember to transport it standing up. Easy to crack the screen if carried laid flat one big bump in the road kerack.

I've found the best way to do this is to wrap it in a towel or something like that, then get some cardboard and wrap the screen part in cardboard but leave the stand poking out the bottom. Then you can still stand it upright in the back of the truck. Then just pack other soft things around it and make sure it can't move around.

Go to a bike store and grab a bike box. Should fit. Won't have any foam but you can probably get some offcuts at Bunnings or something.

Or try out the back of an electronics retailer (DSE, HN etc)

Back