• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted - Crown Seal Capper (melbourne)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuaolykan

Reaction score
Hi there,

New to the home brewing game, just fermented a coopers brewmaster IPA but I have a wee dillema. The capper I got with the starter kit is a bit primal (one of the one's you hit with a hammer) and I'm not really that keen to go anywhere near glass bottles with hammer.

Is there anyone in Melbourne who has a bench capper that they have not used for a while and are keen to pass on??

Cheers :beer:

Trucker

stuff bottles

go straight to kegs :D

where in melbourne are you?

What you'd be looking for is a super-automatica capper. Give some local home brew stores a call, sometimes even the crappy ones stock them. I think around $40-$50 is the price?

Thanks Adamt, I've seen those super-automatica cappers in the shops but I thought i'd see if anyone had something 2nd hand lying about. I will head down to the shop if I can't find a good used one.

jeddog, I live in Hawthorn East at the mo but i'm brewing at a mates place in Nth Fitzy, he has a room that keeps at better constant temp. Will do the keg thing once we get a little more experience and cash under the belt.

cheers,
:super:
Trucker

Unfortunately they're so good, you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to give up/sell theirs :)

Unfortunately they're so good, you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to give up/sell theirs :)

Except me! But i live in Adelaide. Got one in an ebay auction (I was after the bottles). Was going to put it back on ebay but havent got around to it. Keep an eye out there cos you can pick them up for less than $30 - brand new. Search for bench capper. or bottle capper.

Stuff Melbourne - I want a secondhand one to come up in SE Queensland, have been watching ebay for months.

No really I like Melbourne, nothing wrong with it, just a bit far outta town.

Stuff Melbourne - I want a secondhand one to come up in SE Queensland, have been watching ebay for months.

No really I like Melbourne, nothing wrong with it, just a bit far outta town.

There might be one in a big box of a mates' stuff that he wanted me to get rid off. I'll have a look after work this arvo.

There might be one in a big box of a mates' stuff that he wanted me to get rid off. I'll have a look after work this arvo.

Hey tops winkle, only want a s/h jobbie. Ta.

Except me! But i live in Adelaide. Got one in an ebay auction (I was after the bottles). Was going to put it back on ebay but havent got around to it. Keep an eye out there cos you can pick them up for less than $30 - brand new. Search for bench capper. or bottle capper.

Thanks Dr, there are a couple online but none in Melbourne.

cheers,
trucker

Back