• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Assorted bottles & bottle capper, inner west Melbourne.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philmud

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Lot 1) 2 x milk crates of hacker pschorr swing top bottles for sale (32 bottles in total). Some have been brewed in, some have only had the commercial beer in them. All clean, seals in good nick. Great bottles, want to keep them, but part of moving to kegs was a promise to declutter the garage, so off they go! $30

Lot 2) approx 5 crates of crown seal bottles, mostly 500ml & an assortment of good solid commercial bottles but also a bunch that were purchased as part of a bulk buy from plasdene (great bottles!), also a smattering of 600ml bottles and Coopers 750mls. Also in lot two is a super-automatica bench capper and whatever bottle caps I have left.
$30
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445506754.425651.jpg

Lot 3) 2.5 milk crates of very cool, old school MBCV crown seals. These hark back to a time when commercial bottles were reused. They are VERY sturdy, and are embossed with the Melbourne Bottling Company Victoria logo (pictured). I had planned to use them to bottle a Christmas ale to hand out as gifts, but I haven't done it after 4 years, so out they go! The bloke I got them from reckoned they're pre-war, but I reckon that's unlikely. I did jump on a bottle collectors forum to see if I could value them - they are collectable, but not rare. Probably worth about $2-3 per bottle from what I could gather. I'd like $30 for these too.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445507135.608859.jpg

Lot 4) is an MDF bottle drying rack that a mate built and passed on to me when he quit brewing. It's well designed and well built. It was given to me, so it's free!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445507309.757443.jpg

Hey mate keen as on the bulk buy bottles, I got 100 thinking it would be enough. It's not. Where are you located? Cheers Tex

Any crown seals that you want to get rid of, need some extra bottles to give to mates to repay the favour so to speak.

Nothing bottled atm but I'm in west footscray too, so when I have something I can always drop a few bottles around for you.

Tahoose said:
Any crown seals that you want to get rid of, need some extra bottles to give to mates to repay the favour so to speak.

Nothing bottled atm but I'm in west footscray too, so when I have something I can always drop a few bottles around for you.
Hey neighbour! I still have the vintage crown seals left, but they're pretty unique so I'm keen to sell them rather than swap for beer.

Ahh no probs, I'll give them a miss then, after cheap bottles that I'll likely never see again.

Thanks anway

Latest posts

Back